My Path to NIX certification? Help

Muhammad AbaidMuhammad Abaid Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear All Member,

I am quite silent member of this forum, and Now finally I have some question , I have CCNA and CCNP expired certification but my current job is totally related to *NIX environment. Now I have decided to go for good *NIX certification, So I want to go for Redhat certification but its Ban in here in Pakistan, So what is the best industry certification beside Redhat? and any path to devOps

Many Thanks

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your best bet might be LPI certification.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Muhammad AbaidMuhammad Abaid Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    many Thanks James,

yes I am currently Study LPIC1 but which path should I follow? Like LPIC 1 -> LPIC 2 -> etc , what you Suggest?
  • linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Lpic is pretty recognized and standard if I may say. Apart from that and Redhat you really don't have anything else to choose from. There are some other certs like Ubuntu, BSD, Novell or SUSE and some other but they aren't really 'worth much' marketing-wise. I guess *nix is still pretty underground as there aren't that many companies pushing certification for their products like Redhat. It's hard to do that when you have so many alternatives. Go for Lpic-3 and RHCE and you're golden if you want to be marketable.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    You could go lpic if you want the piece of paper at the end.

Level 2 and 3 the material becomes scarce though. Urban penguin on YouTube has some videos.

Alternatively get a few books on devops and a Linuxcbt.com subscription and start going through that material with some virtual machines set up. I'd love to do this myself but it's $100 a month which is to expensive.
    linuxlover Yes I am going to LPIC Path Many Thanks for Reply
    Bryzey Please tell me what do you mean by piece of paper? Does it means no worth? Second yes I love to touch the area of devops. Many Thanks for your reply
    linuxlover wrote: »
    Lpic is pretty recognized and standard if I may say. Apart from that and Redhat you really don't have anything else to choose from. There are some other certs like Ubuntu, BSD, Novell or SUSE and some other but they aren't really 'worth much' marketing-wise. I guess *nix is still pretty underground as there aren't that many companies pushing certification for their products like Redhat. It's hard to do that when you have so many alternatives. Go for Lpic-3 and RHCE and you're golden if you want to be marketable.

Many Thanks for Reply ... So decided to go for LPIC
  • prismprism Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RHCE is much more valuable, and I have a pretty objective point of view
    Bryzey wrote: »
    You could go lpic if you want the piece of paper at the end.

Level 2 and 3 the material becomes scarce though. Urban penguin on YouTube has some videos.

Alternatively get a few books on devops and a Linuxcbt.com subscription and start going through that material with some virtual machines set up. I'd love to do this myself but it's $100 a month which is to expensive.

Many Many thanks for reply ... What do you mean by piece of paper...:)? do you means no worth ?
    Also I saw courses in Linuxcbt.com related to Unix and Linux can you please specify which course you are study for Devops?
    prism wrote: »
    RHCE is much more valuable, and I have a pretty objective point of view
    Many Thanks Prism ... But I am unable to take RHCE in Pakistan because its ban here. Can you please tell me your experience about LPIC 1 -> LPIC 2 -> LPIC 3 and how much time it took for all three certification.