Options

CISSP Endorsement

neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I sent in my endorsement paperwork this morning. For anyone that has been certified recently, how long did it take from when you turned in the paperwork until you finally received the credential?

Comments

• Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It took 2.5 weeks to receive my endorsement after submitting. If your endorsement is returned for further information or documentation, it will take approximately an additional day to process once it is returned to ISC2.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not bad at all. ISACA took 9 weeks for the CISA.
  • Options
    JonnygJonnyg Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am about to send in my CAP endorsement as well and expect a similar turn-around.
    Working on: Nothing, finally.
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    In February I was looking at around 3 weeks and a day or two to get the confirmation. Portal updated very shortly after this, then I got the cert some time shortly thereafter. I was able to order the Mounted certificate right after I received confirmation (because I wanted one without an expiration date).
  • Options
    levsterlevster Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had my endorsement paperwork approved in exactly 2 weeks from submission. I got my "CISSP Certified" email last Friday.

Cheers.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sounds like a pretty decent turn around. I sent my resume and form to my supervisor for his endorsement today. We did digital signatures so no printing or scanning ;)

Hoping to get it taken care of soon!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got my "you are officially a CISSP" email today. Friday afternoon they had sent me an email stating I needed to resend my resume since it had a reference to being a CISSP on it (I had waiting for endorsement on it) and apparently that is a big no-no. So resent it on Friday and got the email today. Nice turn around . The paperwork was originally sent in on March 26th, so I'm not complaining too badly.

Good luck. The waiting is the worst part.
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did your resume contain the name and address of your employer and your supervisor's phone number and address?

I had to revise my resume today to account for that.

Also, you get an email when your endorsement has been received, right?
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jvrlopez:

I did the same thing that Breadfan did, I just had on their "Pending Endorsement" and they told me I had to remove it. I only had it on because I had to apply for a job and didn't want that part not qualifying me. I did take it off, resubmitted it, and that afternoon got the "congrats" email.

As far as the supervisor name and numbers, I put that in a 'cover letter' and sent it that way as to not clutter up the resume. I also did not do any electronic signatures as I didn't think that ISC2 would accept it and would rather have an actual signature.