Options

VMware training

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
This may sound a bit ignorant but I'd have to admit that I don't know much Vmware. I am wondering if VMware and Citrix must be learned together? or starting with Just Vmware VCP cert would suffice getting some background knowledge in VMware? Any advice and opinion will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Nope. Two completely separate things. VMware has broader adoption so you may be better off studying for the VCP.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ok, so I recently got a new job as a Help desk support Tech and this environment is 90% Virtual so I think it's the right time to start learning more about Vmware and Virtual environment. What's the best path to take when it comes to Vmware Cert.
  • Options
    tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    Ok, so I recently got a new job as a Help desk support Tech and this environment is 90% Virtual so I think it's the right time to start learning more about Vmware and Virtual environment. What's the best path to take when it comes to Vmware Cert.

Well, what does your business use? If you use XenServer, there's no point in currently learning VMware.