Exam Requirements

BowlJarBowlJar Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
I read on the forums posts from 2013, and am just trying to clarify the requirements on the CCNA Security 640-554. I have visited the Cisco site as well. The prerequisite for this exam is just being CCENT for instance, passing 100-101 ICND1?

I believe the cisco site answers my question on the following page, but I would just like clarification.

CCNA Security Certification - IT Certifications and Career Paths - Cisco Systems

-
I appreciate your time.

Comments

• cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You will need a valid CCENT *OR* a CCNA R/S *OR* a CCIE as the pre-reqs. The CCENT can be fulfilled by passing 100-101 ICND1.
  • BowlJarBowlJar Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I was wondering because I recently passed my security+ (a few weeks ago) and was reviewing material for the CCNA Security, I figured strike while the iron is hot in regards to security. I had a voucher expiring so I took my ICND1 and passed the exam today.

I appreciate the information.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Nice job on the pass brother, keep striking that damn iron til there's nothing left to strike :)
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BowlJar wrote: »
    Thanks! I was wondering because I recently passed my security+ (a few weeks ago) and was reviewing material for the CCNA Security, I figured strike while the iron is hot in regards to security. I had a voucher expiring so I took my ICND1 and passed the exam today.

I appreciate the information.

Indeed. I noticed that the first couple of chapters in the CCNA Security book was mainly an abridged Security+. So I intend to hit CCNA RS and then Security+ before I go for CCNA Security.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • BowlJarBowlJar Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any hardcover books that are being pushed as good study materials for CCNA Security? I have access to hardware to work on, just know that it is a newer test so not as many relevant books for it.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    The Chris Bryant series I think is still $22 if you google the promo code for his Udemy course, and I think he is a great teacher.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for Chris Bryant. He's very, very knowledgeable on the topics and a great teacher, too.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does Chris Bryant teach anything but boot camps? When I was using his CCNA 200-120 video boot camps, they seem quite abridged. If I didn't have any prior training with routing and switching, I'm quite sure I would have been lost. I would probably use his CCNA Security videos for review after I do my own studying.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.