Spring 2014 VMware courses at Stanly Community College

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I signed up to the waiting list back in November if memory serves me right but i havent received any response to date :/
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    I signed up to the waiting list back in November if memory serves me right but i havent received any response to date :/

If you would send me a private message, I will be glad to check your status on our wait list.
    Hopefully, you received the orientation email that gave you your username & password for the initial login. Please let us know right away if you are still having any difficulties.
    tprice5 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even know what to input as the username, let alone the password. Lame. Can you hook me up with Sylvia Lewis' email?

EDIT: I've got a ticket in with the support desk. Hopefully I haven't been dropped and can still continue the course. I've been in Dubai since the 14th and just got back so I haven't had the opportunity to take care of this. I had my eye on my email in order to login on day 1 but the email never came.

EDIT 2: I didn't realize I was supposed to use the same credentials that I used to pay. I honestly didn't even remember creating an account when I paid. Either way, I am in Moodle now.
    Orientation emails were sent out the week before class started with u/n & p/w login information.
    Thankfully, a check this morning shows you have been able to access the class. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.
    tprice5 wrote: »
    I have not received ANY email since the payment confirmation and the only contact information I have is Jana Kennedy. I need to obtain my login information for the course. I have emailed Ms. Kennedy but have yet to receive a response. I don't really know what else to do at this point.
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    STANLY_CC wrote: »
    Thankfully, a check this morning shows you have been able to access the class. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

I am good to go. Thanks!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Cable_guyCable_guy Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What is the approx wait time? I reg'd sometime around October and have only got an email with info about CCNA from Stanly?

Just curious on what to expect but not in a huge rush right now.

Thanks,

Adam
    As you know, we enroll students in the VMware courses in the order in which they registered on the online wait list. For the January class, we enrolled students who had registration dates through mid-September. If you registered in October, then most likely you will be contacted for the March or May class.

If you want to send me a private message, I can check to see your actual registration date on the wait list.
    Cable_guy wrote: »
    What is the approx wait time? I reg'd sometime around October and have only got an email with info about CCNA from Stanly?

Just curious on what to expect but not in a huge rush right now.

Thanks,

Adam
  • gerryogerryo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    When I signed up for the wait list and it said the next session is summer of 2014. I don't think I would be able to get into that course. When called I was told either Fall of 2014 or early 2015 is that assumption correct?
  • tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    gerryo wrote: »
    When called I was told either Fall of 2014 or early 2015 is that assumption correct?
    Yikes! Glad I got in when I did. Early bird gets the worm?
    If the wait is that long you might want to check out offerings from other low cost options such as Dallas Community College whose VMware class is nearly as cheap and catalog of classes a bit deeper.

Hope this helps.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
    Orientation emails were sent to all students in the upcoming March 19th class. If you did not make this round of classes, please be patient and know that we are servicing as many students as we can at one time. Our next class will be in May. If you have not registered on our online wait list here is the link: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php
  • jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Orientation emails were sent to all students in the upcoming March 19th class. If you did not make this round of classes, please be patient and know that we are servicing as many students as we can at one time. Our next class will be in May. If you have not registered on our online wait list here is the link: https://vmware.stanly.edu/waitlist.php
    Thanks for keeping everone informed. I look forward to moving past the waitlist. Great to see something affordable made available for the masses.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I got my email for this course coming in May just a moment ago, excited to finally get started! I was wondering, will this course be on 5.1 or 5.5? And as far as VMWare goes, do they plan to retire the 5.1 course anytime soon?
    The current course is based on 5.1.
    zxbane wrote: »
    I got my email for this course coming in May just a moment ago, excited to finally get started! I was wondering, will this course be on 5.1 or 5.5? And as far as VMWare goes, do they plan to retire the 5.1 course anytime soon?
    Thanks,

Does anyone know when VMWare will phase out the 5.1 VCP exam? I am just curious if I will be forced to take the 5.5 exam after this course of it the 5.1 will still be available
    We have not been able to determine that as yet. The VMware site does not indicate when that exam will be phased out. Our best guess is not until the next version is released.
    Thanks,

Does anyone know when VMWare will phase out the 5.1 VCP exam? I am just curious if I will be forced to take the 5.5 exam after this course of it the 5.1 will still be available
  • jthunderbirdjthunderbird Banned Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any idea on when initial emails will be sent out for the May class? It is middle of April now and I would like to be as prepared as possible in knowing that I either made the May class or will likely be pushed back to July... I registered for the waiting list middle of January.
  • lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I just got an email for the May class! Wooooohooooo icon_cheers.gif

FTR I waitlisted on 12/4/2013 and the email I received today stated I had to complete an additional form by this Friday (4/18/2014) to register for the course. Given this information I imagine I am one of the last people to be added for the May session.
  • jthunderbirdjthunderbird Banned Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea I heard from them shortly after posting saying I would likely miss out on May AND July and probably would not make the cut til August or even October... congrats, wish I had known about this sooner... it may have gotten too popular for the demand resulting in nearly a year wait now.
  • tier~tier~ Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I received my invitation the other day though I'm declining for now and will re-sign up for a later class. Starting a new job in 2 weeks and potentially relocating so it's just bad timing.

If anything though, that will free up a spot for someone else. :)
    Let's Connect!
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Blog
    I received my email saying I made the may class and I had to provide my personal information. I believe at this point we have to wait a week or two until we actually go through with payment etc? Will we receive another email with payment instructions?
  • hailhailhailhail Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got the email this morning too.
    I'm also in a different time zone (based in Melbourne) so like that I can login watch the videos/do labs at a suitable time each week (from what i've read in this thread!).
  • IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I received the e-mail a few days ago but declined this time around. I hope someone from TE gets the slot. Good luck, guys!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I received my email saying I made the may class and I had to provide my personal information. I believe at this point we have to wait a week or two until we actually go through with payment etc? Will we receive another email with payment instructions?

The process is a bit slow, so be patient. After you submit the info they ask of you it will take a week and a half or so to receive the follow on payment email. The process, though slow, was relatively painless.

Everyone that I've dealt with has tried really hard to provide as close to an instantaneous response as possible. I even received an email response stating that the person wasn't in the office yet but would answer the question once she got in. The instructor has been exceedingly helpful, as well. You should thoroughly enjoy the class (I know I have).

Cheers
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Well that's good to know, I was starting to get a bit nervous thinking I didn't respond to their initial email the right way.. Which is understandable since I have been waiting to get in the class since October! I'm excited to start now.
    stryder144 wrote: »
    The process is a bit slow, so be patient. After you submit the info they ask of you it will take a week and a half or so to receive the follow on payment email. The process, though slow, was relatively painless.

Everyone that I've dealt with has tried really hard to provide as close to an instantaneous response as possible. I even received an email response stating that the person wasn't in the office yet but would answer the question once she got in. The instructor has been exceedingly helpful, as well. You should thoroughly enjoy the class (I know I have).

Cheers
    We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. However, please feel free to contact us anytime you have any questions!!
    -S.Lewis
    Well that's good to know, I was starting to get a bit nervous thinking I didn't respond to their initial email the right way.. Which is understandable since I have been waiting to get in the class since October! I'm excited to start now.
  • jleydon82jleydon82 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding. However, please feel free to contact us anytime you have any questions!!
    -S.Lewis

Anyone know how many weeks the course is for Stanly's VMware Training? I see the blocks of time are march-may for example. But I don't know if that necessarily means 12 weeks. I didn't see this on their website and I am sure this is somewhere in one of these threads but I haven't found it yet.
    The course is 8 weeks in length. The upcoming class that begins in May has dates of 5/19 - 7/7/2014.

jleydon82 wrote: »
    Anyone know how many weeks the course is for Stanly's VMware Training? I see the blocks of time are march-may for example. But I don't know if that necessarily means 12 weeks. I didn't see this on their website and I am sure this is somewhere in one of these threads but I haven't found it yet.
    Is there any period of time after 7/7/2014 that we will have access to the course shell/labs?
    You will not have access to the Moodle shell (our virtual class room) after that time. However, you can discuss access to the labs with your instructor.
    Is there any period of time after 7/7/2014 that we will have access to the course shell/labs?