Passed!

adcadc Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took and passed exam today!

It was a toss up at the end, thankfully my printout said "Congratulations" instead of showing my Score.

Materials Used:
Sunflower - very good quick overview and refresher of the domains
Shon Harris 6th ed.
Eric Conrad's 11th Hour
CCCure
Downloaded all .mp3's of the domains from cybersecstudy.com (These were extremely helpful)

Study Method:
Listened to cybersecstudy .mp3's in the car at the gym, pretty much everywhere. Took several CCCure quizzes to identify weaknesses. Went through Shon Harris book for in-depth study of weak areas. Went over CCCure Scenario Questions. Memorized all Crypto Algorithms and attributes. Reviewed alot of Access Control and BCP/DRP questions. Read through Conrad's book over the last three days. Set my benchmark to be at 80% on the CCCure queizzes before I scheduled the exam. I have 15 years experience in the industry and the test still through me for a loop.

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great feeling, right?

Sounds like you had a good study plan and put in the time. That is all that really matters when it comes to passing the CISSP.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • BenchwarmersBenchwarmers Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats adc! I just received the conformation email today that confirms my endorsement and makes me official!
  • smotensmoten Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!! Great Milestone Achieved!!!

Could you please guide is it worth to study ISC(2) Official CBK and which practice test has to follow and would be helpful towards exam.
  • Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TheProfezzorTheProfezzor Member Posts: 204 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Any comments or suggestions for people who are yet to sit for the exam?
    OSCP: Loading . . .
  • sigsoldiersigsoldier Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Chassidic1Chassidic1 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I went to CyberSecStudy and listened to a tape. True, it was one tape only; but, it seemed like pretty much this one fellow was just reading down a list of key terms; giving their definition; and moving on. Granted, understanding terms is necessary and important. At the same time, if this is what the rest of that audio is like, I wonder how it is any better than Shon Harrir's Audio. I listened to a number of her tapes (which I found a link to with her book of questions, which I bought off Amazon). She gives you terms and also some explanations and (even occasionally, interesting real-life) analogies. Just thought I'd ask. Maybe that cyber sec fellow has a more exhaustive list (in audio) so that they are both complementary or something...

Best Regards,
    Dovid