Newbie here - Hello and glad to be a part of the site

ToxicWasteToxicWaste Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, and glad to be here, I just took the A+ part 1, and passed with a 764. I seemed to study the wrong material, but have 25 years of computer experience, as I started out my career in component level electronics, and as that has slowly faded out due to Large Scale Integration, have switched over to computer install, repair, maintenance, networking and so on for my career.

I am scheduled to take 220-802 next week. After taking part 1, I have realized that these tests are not easy! I have a lot of hands on experience, but not real familiar with new hardware or Vista and 7.

I am studying everything I can get my hands on, and taking 4 or more hours per day to study, reading and taking practice tests, over and over until I get correct answers. I am not nervous or worried, and I will pass. Normally, as in college, I always wanted to get the highest score possible. The CompTIA A+ exams have a high degree of difficulty and I will do the best I can. I take pride in my work, but not knowing what will be on the exam only have part 1 to go off of what it will be like.

I am hoping that having the A+ certification on my resume will put me one notch above those that do not have it, even if their knowledge supersedes mine. I wish to move out of California and get a career, while hoping this credential with my job experience will gain me an entry level job that will turn into a full time career.

Thank you for letting me join your site, and I hope to find some good material here to read!

Comments

• XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the forums!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63