XenDesktop 7 content now available via Pluralsight (Trainsignal)

I just noticed these the other day. For a while there, CBT nuggets had a series out but Pluralsight/Trainsignal did not (which is where my subscription is).

I'm going through them now and the content is good thus far. Elias usually does a good job with these.
CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V

Comments

• locastrolocastro Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm really liking these videos. I always enjoy Ellias' training videos. I've put my last exam for the 2012 MCSA on hold to try and get up to speed on XD 7x. I plan to go knock out all three XD exams in the next few months. Citrix eDocs have been good along with these vids. Would be nice if there was a more structured guide from which to study, but oh well. Are you taking any of the exams?
  • jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm if you mean CCE-AD, CCP-AD & CCA-AD, I'd be curious to know how you go with CCE-AD. From what little I know about the CCIA, it seems like its a lot more theory then actually trying to configure something.
    Yep, that's what I mean. I'll update and let you know how that goes...
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I plan to take the CCA, but will probably hold off on the CCP/E. I've been neck deep in an existing VDI environment for a little over a year now, but haven't had a chance to build much from scratch. I'll be in the driver's seat as we move from XD5.6 to XD7.5 shortly, however. After that migration I'll consider the others.

It's hard to study for Citrix exams in a way - I feel you there. Hands on with the product has been vital for me in the exams I've passed thus far. Are you working with XD7 at this point?
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
    In the past I've always used Citrix documentation and a mixture of nuggets, train signal/plural sight and some Citrix self paced training paid for by my employer. I never tried pursuing much more than CCAs and over the years got the 4.5, 6.5 and XD 5.6 certs. I worked for a Citrix SP for almost 5 years, and although my main role wasn't Citrix I ended up getting quite a bit of exposure in all aspect, pre sales, design, implement, etc. I took a different job and have been back in the enterprise for about 1.5 years now. Lately been working on redesigning, cleaning and consolidating an XA 4.5, 5, 6.5/XD 5.6 environment that wasn't too well thought out....well...that's putting it lightly. icon_lol.gif We also just merged with another company, so starting to do some discovery of the new environment as well as starting a bit of pre planning for that project which looks to be coming sometime Q3 or Q4. In regards to prod experience with XD 7, I have none. I've only been labbing and POC'ing over the past few weeks with 7, but I am really liking it, hence wanting to challenge all three certs. No doubt the CCE will be tough to get, but isn't that part of the fun? :)