Should I renew my Network+ ?

itgl72itgl72 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm wondering if I should bother renewing my Network+.

Right now I work in a windows enterprise environment and its a pretty good place to work. I have some older Microsoft certs from 2000 to 2008, and will be working towards 2012 MCSE even though I thought I was going to be mainly a network guy. I have a CCNA cert.

It looks like I can submit some information where I dont need to retake the test but show that I have taken other certs and that will count towards my renewal of Network+.

Looks like there is still a financial fee involved, and I'm being cheap this Sunday afternoon.

What do you think?

Comments

• Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would renew, don't see why not? Look at all the people on this forum and out in the industry who have the basic or "low level"certs. Its always goo to have them because I can tell you now, there are jobs out there where you go through a person who may not know what they need to look for but if they are given a list, that's all they look for.
  • webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    If you have CCNA I wouldn't even bother ;)
    CCDP Next
  • no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with websponge...if you have your CCNA I wouldn't bother. However, Security+ renew's your A+ and N+. When I got mine it renewed both for another few years which was a nice surprise
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have to agree with the others. If you have a CCNA and even an MCSE, I'm pretty sure you know networking. It would only be a waste of money to renew it.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    No reason with a CCNA. Unless you personally want to renew or your job requires it to remain currently.but I would fail to see why with a ccna.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't bother with a CCNA. I'm considering dropping my Net+ from my resume to give me that extra line as opposed to wasting it due to having a CCNA up top.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • DonM34DonM34 Member Posts: 139
    I would renew, the more certs the better.......... it shows, that you took the time and effort to pass the exam.
    2014 Goal [ ] CCENT [ ] MCTS (Active Directory) [ ] CompTIA Security+