Chris Bryant CCNP

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi Guys,

Currently studying for my CCNP Route, was reasearching into more studying material for the Route exam. Had a quick look at Chris Bryant's material and just wondered has anyone else used it? And if so what did you guys think of it?

Cheers
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    I used it, and succeeded, so I'm happy with it. :)
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Oh excellent :) , I'm not sure if you would have tried any but how did you find it compared to other types of study materials?
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I find Bryant's material to be lacking in depth, enough to pass the exam, but not for a true understanding. Multiple sources is the way to go, use Bryant's for reference, but don't rely on 100%. The trick with video training is finding an instructor who's voice doesn't put you asleep, they all pretty much cover the same things.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Thanks EdTheLad, hmm that's certainly what I'm trying to do. I find the guy who does the INE videos so boring haha :) , and after watching a couple of Chris's videos I found his voice less boring. I have used the OCG and Route Simplified so the videos are really just for extra info.
  • tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    bharvey92 wrote: »
    Oh excellent :) , I'm not sure if you would have tried any but how did you find it compared to other types of study materials?

Like Ed said, you should use multiple resources. I for one found the OCG very dry material (although technically correct), so using that alongside the Bryant resources and multiple labs, I managed to pass.
  • MinaryMinary Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found the Bryant stuff very good for watching on my phone out and about. I also watch it at 2x speed.

The INE material is fantastic though and I think provides the most information and is easy to follow. I have an absurd amount of notes from it.