Where to start?

VenomSdMVenomSdM Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,
I would like to know your opinion on the path i have to chose.
I'm a fresh new CCENT certified and i would like to take also a cert from MS
I immediately went for a MCSA but i don't really know if i have to go for a 2008 or 2012 route.
I live in a quite small city in Italy and i work as 1st level tech in a ISP.
I would upgrade my knowledge in order to do some steps forward.
Maybe because the economic crisis or maybe because our national profile is bound to low-medium sized companies..80% of my customers have a windows server 2003 or 2008. None of them have the 2012 version.
So all to ask you...should i go for the MCSA 2008 or 2012?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• bmcb555bmcb555 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think if your new to the scene you should adopt the latest technologies, which is 2012. Also if your customers are on server 2003 it will be discontinued next year and they will have to upgrade. Your employer may see you as being proactive and when the time comes to do upgrades might ask for your help and move you up from 1st level to 2nd 3rd etc.

Just my 2 cents but each to there own
  • GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    Agreed with going the 2012 route. However, this is just my opinion, if you just got your CCENT you should prob strike while the iron is hot and finish your CCNA. This way the material (subnetting, etc is still fresh in your mind). Once done go on to the MS certs. You can continue to study the MS stuff as you do the Cisco to show that you are making progress.
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!