Should I wait for RHCE 7 or study for RHCE 6

johnjackson22259johnjackson22259 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I'm about to take third party class on RHCSA and later RHCE and wanted to know your opinion since Redhat 7 will be out end of the year and would I be able to upgrade my RHCSA 6 to RHCE 7. Or should i just wait until Redhat 7 comes out..

Thank You all!

Comments

• brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go for the RHCE6 - there are a few books around in the Internet.
    Otherwise you'll wait for the RHEL7 book ... I think that the first book will be available around Feb 2015.

--
    Regards
  • fakhruldeenfakhruldeen Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree with brombulec
    you should go for RHCE 6 if you are ready for it
    RHEL 7 is still in beta and as I heard from testing centers here in Egypt it might be ready for exams next year 2015 and you should wait for a while after the exam release date to get enough study materials and to build your labs
    plus it will take more time to be adopted widely in the market ..
    my advice is to take RHCE whenever you can , it's current for 3 years in which you can either certify for a higher level certification or to recertify in RHEL7
  • higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    So when RHEL 7 comes out what will happen with the RHEL 6 exam? and will the RHEL 6 cert expire since 7 is out?
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't worry - the exam for RHEL6 will be on the market at least until the end of 2014.
    I'm waiting for course for RHEL7 - there are too many changes to go for RHCE on RHEL7 without preparation.

--
    Regards