6 years and 1000 posts later

kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
Well this will mark my 1000th post on techexams. I have to say that I still enjoy coming to this site and all the people on here. Here is to another 6 years and many more posts!

I found this site looking for Linux+ questions to see who out of my co-workers and myself knew the most about Linux. I stayed because of the people and the knowledge on this site are awesome.

Just curious to see what led all of you to finding techexams and staying with the site?

Comments

• Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I started posting on TechExams last year when looking for reliable info on CCNA studies.
    There is a lot of junk on the internet and this site has a dedicated following of knowledgeable people.

It is also great motivation to interact with other members that are looking to enhance their IT skills.
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been on Techexams less than one year but been on the internet since the days of 14.4 dial up - :) One of the best sites I have found to date !!!
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Found about this site when I was still studying for my CCNA. It's the only tech/cert related forum that I visit on a frequent basis.

I find that reading some of the posts here is a good way to motivate myself to continue studying.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found this site studying for CCNA as well. To be more specific, I was looking to practice subnetting while I didn't have any calls while working in a help desk. 1 year and a half later, I have completed a couple more certifications and now working as a Systems Administrator thanks to the help of all the people here on this site.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looking for information on ITIL and Windows XP .
  • About7NarwhalAbout7Narwhal Member Posts: 761
    I was looking for job advice.
  • Antonio72Antonio72 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found this site looking up info on whether or not I should attend WGU. I've only been here a short time but usually check it at least once a day to see what's going on, even if I don't say anything. I mainly use it for the knowledge everyone here provides and the motivation I get seeing where everyone else is at with there certs. I think it's awesome to be apart of this community and can't wait for year 6 to come around for me.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Came here in December going for my Comptia security +. Was trying to find more information.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I found this website back in '06. At the time I was just finishing up my network+. I found this forum to contain very knowledgeable folks who aren't afraid to point you in the right direction.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    I came here looking for a WGU referral code and picked a stupid username because I was certain I would only post here that one time.

I initially stayed for the WGU talk and then the job hunting/resume portion became more important as I decided to look for a new position. That round of job hunting led to multiple job offers that I ultimately couldn't take. I have stayed here because it's nice to have a group of peers that I can talk to and I learn something new every day just by reading about everyone else's experiences.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • W StewartW Stewart Member Posts: 794 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can barely remember what started me on tech exams. After looking at my first post, I believe I was lurking on the site for some time and had planned on taking the A+ since I was 17 and living with my parents. I got drawn in by all of the helpful knowledge from the people on this site and wanted to post my career progress. now I'm more than happy to share some of that same knowledge with other people.
  • XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    I found this site some years ago, lurked for a while, and then left since I was busy in school. I forgot about it over the years and then found it again last year when I was searching for others who were actually interested in learning technical material.

I stay here because people on this forum are technically-focused.
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    i came here in a sheer panic before my ccent exam to ask if i would need habe to configure NAT in command line on the exam, which scared the **** outta me back in 2011...

long story short - the people couldnt or wouldnt tell me, but calmed me down a little, i passed the exam, commandline NAT was not in it ;)

i stay here because its a great resource for any sort of questions, your practically have a thousand guys tech support team sitting in your browser :D

besides of that it is fun to help out other people and return some of the knowledge you take from here
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • BlackoutBlackout Member Posts: 512 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wanted to learn about Infosec, eventually found Cisco, everything else is history. I don't even think about going security anymore.
    Current Certification Path: CCNA, CCNP Security, CCDA, CCIE Security

"Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect"

Vincent Thomas "Vince" Lombardi
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Found it when I was researching a SANS GSEC course. Ended up signing up for WGU because of the information on this site
  • f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I came here essentially looking for others who were passionate about IT certifications. I had no one who actually valued them locally so I was glad to find this community! Oh man that was awhile ago! I think I had just gotten my CCNA and had my A+ and almost MCSA.

Just realized you and I joined about the same time, ha! I guess it's 6 years for me as well in the next few days.
  • cpartincpartin Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was starting to study for my CCENT and looking for info on building a lab. I quit looking for other sites after I found this one.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well at first I searched for A+ (220-802) practice exam and TE came up but didn't know what it was just did the exam and then the second time around I was looking for some information about the Net+ study material and then I was exposed to the forums so I started reading post on these forums and discovered that this site was very informative about the world of IT which I was clueless about at that time I then joined immediately.

Well I have come across some other Tech forums but this one feels right (even though their study material is not regularly updated), maybe it's because of the helpful and friendly members, but to be honest, I have learned a lot about IT in these forums and many people landed jobs out of these forums.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I was looking for more info or where to go after obtaining my MCP cert. I just kind of stuck around after that