ccna security labs and training

jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello i would like to start off with saying thank you for reading my post. i am training for the ccna security i picked up the keith barker book and have some vids, i was wondering where i can get my hands on some labs, and any latest ****. i would like to give myself till the end of summer to get prepared.

Comments

• Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    You don't need a whole lot of labbing for CCNA Sec so GNS3 should be enough. Don't forget to play around with CCP because you will need it for the exam. Also, do yourself a favor and don't **** exams.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • jcarrillo26jcarrillo26 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well thank you for the feedback, do you know where i can get a simulation of CCP, i like to do **** after i read the textbook and do some labs, it does mean i dont know the material, it just means i can pass the test.
    do older firewall models use ccp? or sdm? i want to have an asa to work with ccp but they are kind of expensive at this moment. i am trying to play around with ccp before i start my ccna security studies.
    The ASA uses ASDM. CCP is old technology and will most likely not be of any use to you in the real world. For the CCNA Sec you won't be needing an ASA as it only introduces the device. Some people manage to get CCP running on GNS so that's something you can check out. You can also run an ASA on GNS. I have even managed to run two ASAs but it can get buggy.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CCP -- Current GUI for Newer Cisco Routers (1800, 2800, 3800), Definitely on the Exam Blueprint

SDM -- Obselete GUI for Older Cisco Routers (1700, 2600, 3600, 3700), I Don't Think Its on ANY Cisco Exam Blueprints Anymore

ASDM -- Current GUI for ASA Firewalls, Definitely on Exam Blueprint
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    do older firewall models use ccp? or sdm? i want to have an asa to work with ccp but they are kind of expensive at this moment. i am trying to play around with ccp before i start my ccna security studies.

The ASA uses ASDM. I believe the older PIX had its own GUI (PDM). CCP and SDM are used primarily with Routers. To run CCP, you'll need an ISR. The 1841 and 2801 are the cheapest options for real [CCP-Capable] hardware. The only router in GNS3 that might possibly run CCP is the 7200.
    i dont know why but when i downloaded gns3 and installed all the applications i have limited functionality to it.
  • sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, is it mandatory to have an ASA for CCNA Security? In other words is it possible to master CCNA Security without using ASA in the lab environment?
    Best, sacredboy!
    sacredboy wrote: »
    Guys, is it mandatory to have an ASA for CCNA Security? In other words is it possible to master CCNA Security without using ASA in the lab environment?

Absolutely. And since you are a fan of the greatest club in the world, you won't have any trouble! The ASA is very heavily involved in the NP track but you don't need to lab with it for CCNA.
    i dont know why but when i downloaded gns3 and installed all the applications i have limited functionality to it.

Make sure you didn't download the GNS3-ER Alpha release. That is a very early [minimal functionality] Alpha release of the new GNS3. Look for a release not marked "ER" or "Alpha"