Options

vista beta 2 problem

MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
Just installed it. Upgrade from xp pro sp2. Seemed to install great, although it took 3 days (kidding). Upon boot it brings me to the user select screen. I select my username and it goes through the following steps:

1)logging on
2)preparing your desktop
3)closing your desktop
4)logging off

Then, it brings me right back to the login screen. I've tried going to safe mode, but to no avail. Anyone help? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    cd_andrewscd_andrews Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just insalled my copy yesterday. While I did have a prolem with my DVD (had to burn another copy because I was getting an error on install) everything worked ok once the install was finished. Media center live tv playback is very choppy! I have a feeling that has to do with my system specs though (AMD 1.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 XT.) Funny thing is, that same box runs MythTV just fine icon_cool.gif For those who don't know, MythTV is Linux's answer for Windows Media Center.

Good luck with your copy of Vista. I wish I could have been some help becuse if nothing else, it's pretty to look at. icon_lol.gif
    Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit shell for an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Working on 70-270
  • Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Thanks for the HELP! :) Ha, just kiddin'. I had the same problem as you my first go round'. Had to re-burn the DVD. Wish I could figure out how to get around this. All my 270 tricks aren't working ;)
  • Options
    cd_andrewscd_andrews Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you run across a solution post it here so if I ever run across that one I'll already have a solution. Good Luck!
    Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit shell for an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

Working on 70-270