Help with Digi CM 32 Access ServerPart 2

mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
Team, I am currently stuck trying to configure my Digi 32 cm with my home Lab. In the PDF I have attached to this post are screeshots of where I am at the moment. I have looked at the DIGI quick guide and I am not seeing what I am missing. I have upgraded the firmware on the equipment but I really believe this is a configuration issue. I know it's me I just cannot see where I can get past this. I apologize in advance if this seems like a newbie question but I am learning and I think that's been the best part so far.

Any help will be appreciated.
Patrick
"A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino

Comments

• Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    I have the same setup, but I don't use ssh at all on it, just never tried because it works fine with telnet and i'm not taking a digi exam icon_smile.gif

I am using teraterm, but the result should be the same.

I use a straight through Cat5e cable to connect my cisco devices to the digi. I also use a straight through cable to connect my digi to my home network. I have my digi setup with a static IP, 192.168.1.253/24.

Then, if I telnet to the digi ip address on my network using port 7000 [192.168.1.253:7000], it comes up to a list of all of the ports and I can select a port to attach to.

The other option is using port 7001 [192.168.1.253:7001] to connect directly to port 1, 7002 [192.168.1.253:7002] to connect directly to port 2, and so on.

Hope this helps.
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You are using 192.168.161.0/24 network for your Digi and trying to access switches on 10.0.0.0/8 network. That doesn't work without routing. You need to put everything in the same subnet. Make your assignments all in the 192.168.161.0/24 network.
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ****Update***
    I figured out what the problem was. Bad cables. The entire batch of straight-thru cables I got from certification kits were bad. I went to my local Micro Center and got a 7 pack of straight-thru cables and everything worked! I can now drop into the command line from my Digi with no problems. I am really glad I figured this out. I was going to buy a Cisco 2811 with an NM -16 card, But that was going to set me back $300.00 bucks.

Thanks to everyone who posted trying to help me !
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mgmguy1 wrote: »
    ****Update***
    I figured out what the problem was. Bad cables. The entire batch of straight-thru cables I got from certification kits were bad. I went to my local Micro Center and got a 7 pack of straight-thru cables and everything worked! I can now drop into the command line from my Digi with no problems. I am really glad I figured this out. I was going to buy a Cisco 2811 with an NM -16 card, But that was going to set me back $300.00 bucks.

Thanks to everyone who posted trying to help me !

I've found that some devices are more picky about the quality of their cables. I have a box of garbage cable that will work with some devices and not others.

Works With --

Cisco 2960 Switch
    Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall

Does Not Work With --

Cisco 2950 Switch
    Cisco 7941 IP Phone
    Linksys 5 Port Unmanaged Switch

I don't remember if it worked directly connected to my DigiCM32 or not, but it would not work with either a cheap Linksys switch or Cisco 2950. I ended up connecting the cable from my Cisco ASA 5505 to one of my Cisco 2960s and then to the DigiCM32 [and some of my routers.]
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]