Options

questions about C|EH v8

NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I just recently passed my CISSP and just have to go through the endorsement process and looking to tackle the C|EH v8, but have a few questions.

First I was looking to go through the exam via self study so I was wondering if anyone can tell me about the verification process. Specifically, what will the EC-Council qualify 2 years security experience.

2nd what does anyone recommend by way of reading, practice, virtual environments.

Now while I understand and have read pros and con's of the C|EH, I hopefully will loom to get the OSCP, I am looking for certs to get me into the doors of an organization.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    jude56gjude56g Member Posts: 107 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The recommendation I received when I looked into the same thing was the All In One study guide. This book is brand new, and I recently ordered it myself.

As far as the verification process goes, (I'm just guessing here) I would say that If you have a CISSP you should be good to get the blessing from the EC-Council.

CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition: Matt Walker: 9780071836487: Amazon.com: Books
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your immediate supervisor submits a letter verifying that you have the minimum of 2 years IT experience to EC Council.

The Matt Walker AIO is the go to book for CEH. Very good read!

You should be able to get by labbing with just a basic VM setup.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    NimrodHunterNimrodHunter Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @jvrlopez, do you know what needs to be on the letter, or know where I can get a template that I can have my supervisor follow.
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My boss submitted mine on a standard formatted official memo (letter head, salutation, signature block, etc) and that worked.

Make sure the verbage specifically states that you meet the 2 years of required security experience.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna