Options

CCNP re-certified, anoyone?

silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I will have to take another exam next year to keep my CCNP.

I haven't done much networking work for the last 3 years so I will have to give this a good read from scratch...

I was thinking on either just take the Route or Switch exam again or:

Review all the stuff, take CCNA Security exam and the take one of the CCNP security exams. This is hard work but would add something to my current skills.

To those who are looking to keep the cert, how do you tackle this?

Regards,
S

Comments

• Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Since I've dealt with CUCM administration stuff, I studied for CIPT1 and passed it, on my third attempt. That was quite difficult but I needed it or my CCNP would die. I over-estimated my voice skills :)
    If you have plenty of time, go that route. Otherwise, review one area of your choice and stick to it.
    Don't let it die.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    silalaval wrote: »
    Hi,

I will have to take another exam next year to keep my CCNP.

I haven't done much networking work for the last 3 years so I will have to give this a good read from scratch...

I was thinking on either just take the Route or Switch exam again or:

Review all the stuff, take CCNA Security exam and the take one of the CCNP security exams. This is hard work but would add something to my current skills.

To those who are looking to keep the cert, how do you tackle this?

Regards,
    S
    Depends what you're good at, I personally like the network design aspect of it and from skimming my OCG books i'd say switch is the easier exam, just a lot to learn but not in serious depth.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently