Options

Weird NAT issue in lab...thought I would bring it here

VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
SO I attached a pic of the topology below..

whats going on is I am sending traffic from router 18 ( bottom left ) to a loopback R1 that is sourced from a lo on R18...its NAT'd on routers 11 or 12 just depending on where the hsrp active is for those. So when I do a source ping from the R18 I see the NAT translations on R11, they look fine and I even see the incoming traffic on R1 to the correct dest ( with the proper NAT address) but i get no reply's...funny thing is I also see 5 packets from the physical ip on R11 that holds the hspr and I think that has something to do with why its being dropped but I have no idea why they are showing up. May be some something obvious but I am stumped any idears?

Edit: also if anyone wants to take a crack at it id be happy to share the top file and configs

.ιlι..ιlι.
CISCO
"A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No pic, i'll have a look at it later if you share everything.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    Added the the pic...the flow thats in questions will be lo55 on r18 --> r15 (active hsrp) -->r11(active hsrp&NAT) -->r6 -> r4 (bgp) ->r2 -> r1 Lo1
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    ok every can stop working on my problem and get back to work icon_wink.gif sooo issues was with my return traffic...forgot to setup ibgp between r2 and r3 so i had async routing going on. working like a charm now...if anyone is interested to use this top for a lab let me know and ill get it to ya
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO