Target Hires Top Security Consultant

cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□

Comments

• xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I wonder what that gig pays... :D
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    They go from someone who more than likely didn't have a tech background (frm. cio was promoted from a customer centric role) (Jen of the IT crowd anyone?), to top dog in one swoop? Someone like this should've been in the CISO spot in the first place.
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They hire a top security consultant and it helps from a PR perspective but will they listen to him if he recommends hiring of additional IT staff and funding of on going training programs....
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Oh I don't think amount of staff is the issue, believe they said they had over 300 people in that dept... but as for training, well, they could probably use some funds in that direction, and also funds in changing their idiotic (IMO) corporate culture.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    They hire a top security consultant and it helps from a PR perspective .

Always need people to blame publicly :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    colemic wrote: »
    Oh I don't think amount of staff is the issue, believe they said they had over 300 people in that dept... but as for training, well, they could probably use some funds in that direction, and also funds in changing their idiotic (IMO) corporate culture.

I was kinda thinking general IT staff not just security. Some of the issues I find require eyeballs and boots on the ground to check and verify compliance since we end up with way too much pencil whipping to hide the lack of labor hours and people required to do the work.