Options

Huge Syngress Sale!

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
I just got an email from Syngress, a huge bunch of their books are on sale, all either 5, 10 and 15 dollars. Great deals guys, don't miss out, I think I might get some of their Cisco security books.

http://www.syngress.com/bookseries/?series=Outlet
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    I noticed the pub year isn't included on the book description pages. I check a dozen or so of these titles on Amazon and they all had pub dates of 2001 to 2004. I wonder if new editions of these books are due to be released soon, and Syngress is trying to clear space in their warehouse. This is something to consider if you are interested in having the newest edition of a book you are buying.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jdmurray wrote:
    I noticed the pub year isn't included on the book description pages. I check a dozen or so of these titles on Amazon and they all had pub dates of 2001 to 2004. I wonder if new editions of these books are due to be released soon, and Syngress is trying to clear space in their warehouse. This is something to consider if you are interested in having the newest edition of a book you are buying.
    I noticed the same thing. A lot of these are on sale at Books-A-Million, you know the bargain tables that are 60% off. Still, a few are worth adding to your reference library, especially the ones pub'd in 2004 like Aggressive Network Self-Defense or Managing and Securing a Cisco SWAN. I've always been a sucker for on-sale technology books. I probably have (conservative estimate) about 200 titles, mostly security related.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Some are certainly worth getting, I agree. I'm also wondering which of these books are going out of print, never to be released again. I'm going to be reading a few reviews on Amazon tonight while I'm making my list. I'm surprised to see that Northcutt's book on computer security and ethics has received bad reviews.
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    I just ordered "Black Hat Hardware and Software Exploitation." --$15. All of their orders ship via DHL express and the pub date does show up while you are ordering, if I recall correctly. However, by that time it might be too late....
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University