Narrowly? Bombed the 70-680, but not upset :)

ijustwannahelpijustwannahelp Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, I took the 70-680 this morning and got a 661, which isn't that upsetting since all I've done is watch Messer's videos for a month, studied some flash cards, and the Microsoft Press Training practice tests enough times until I passed.

My question is what practice tests do you recommend? The Professor Messer videos kind of opened up topics to me (I work in an environment where I'm exposed to a bunch of the test material), but practice tests help me apply it. If that makes sense. My worst areas on the exam were Deploying Windows 7 (ironically), and Configuing Mobile Computing. Mostly in the sense of DirectAccess. We don't have any mobile users in my workplace, so it's not something I'm overly familiar with.

Does anyone know of any practice tests that feature, more prominently, the Mobile Computing section? Or any additional ones for that matter. I've done all the ones that Press Training has to offer, although I think I have an old version? That could definitely be a part of the problem.

Comments

• Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hang in there! I got the same score and felt it was only a few questions away from the 700 barrier. I only used the Messer videos and went into the exam really tired and stressed. I've been prepping a lot more since then. The only practice questions I've used so far are off the CD on Poulton's book, but the Adobe Flash implementation leads to formatting errors so I can't see the whole question sometimes. Good luck finding a source! Transcender and MeasureUp get mentioned a lot, but they're expensive.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Tom239Tom239 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Damn your so badass dude ;) only using the professor messer.
  • mjdbb1mjdbb1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was in a similar situation looking for practice tests, I can't recommend MeasureUp highly enough for this. Really helped me narrow down what I needed to work on but more importantly they do give good explanations and technical details so you know why the correct answers are correct and why the wrong ones are wrong.

I'm pretty sure they have a demo of each exam with about 10 questions that you can try out and see if it's for you.
  • rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am going to schedule this exam in 10 days time, any tips?

Also i am finding this exam extremely boring to study i dont know if you guys feel the same. Its my first MS exam but i am thinking of switching to Linux.
  • snunez889snunez889 Member Posts: 238 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I feel the same way. The Microsoft exams seem boring to me, I'm studying linux+ right now and seem to be enjoying it a lot more. Maybe I feel that way because I have always been around a windows OS and linux is something new.
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rht: Same boat man. It's pretty dry, and it was my first exam. Tips would include expecting some really nitpicky questions on command line switches and the entire command. And this goes beyond just what's on the objectives like DISM / IMAGEX / SCANSTATE / LOADSTATE. There might be some other command line syntax trick questions. I can't say which.

Also stare at some screenshots of the graphical interface (I shouldn't say which). If a dialog box has 4 or 5 tabs, know what all the tabs are called and know what buttons are on them. You might be asked for the exact buttons to click on but it'll all be text based. It's annoying, since in the real world you'll see the GUI. icon_lol.gif
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS