Options

Verizon interview...

new2ITSecuritynew2ITSecurity Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi there everyone!

I have an interview with Verizon for a help desk position. I received an email stating that the interview will consist of situational questions and or role play scenarios. I was wondering if anyone has been through an interview with Verizon or experienced this type of interview before. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They will be testing your customer service skills and your troubleshooting thought process. Also see the dozens of other help desk interview threads
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    "A user states that their PC isn't working, what would you do to solve the issue?"

1. Verify issue at hand (i.e. Is the PC powered on, not powering on, Internet? etc)
    2. Verify Power Cable is seated
    3. Verify Ethernet cable is connected
    4. Ping

Keep it to the basics, a sound troubleshooting process doesn't change no matter where you work.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    RouteMyPacket is correct. Do not skip the basics. Make sure all the cables are plugged in properly, go through the basic troubleshooting for network issues, etc...These are things that you can not skip.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As an entry-level help desk, they are going to be more worried about your soft skills rather than technical ones.