Passed A+ Core!

DivBy0DivBy0 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed yesterday with an 827! The exam was pretty straightforward. 100 questions,90 minutes, multiple-choice. I was pretty nervous going in, I felt like I couldn't remember anything. But once the exam started and I read the questions, it all came back to me.

The study tools I used were Mike Meyer's book and the Tech Notes and practice tests on this site.

I just wanted to compliment you guys on the great work you have done/are doing with this site. It contains a wealth of relevant information. It really helped. Thank you.

I'm going for my A+ OS Technologies in 2 weeks to finally get my first certification. I'm thinking of getting into Network Security and want to get my Network+, Linux+, RHCE, MCSE, and CCNA within the next few years.

All that makes me wonder, is there such a thing as too many certifications?

Comments

• Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Congrats!

Hmm...for some reason I recall taking A+ in October and seeing 90 questions, did they recently change it to 100?

Whats your next cert?
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Nathan of GothTechNathan of GothTech Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrates never to many

icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif
    Nathan

A+ ,Network+ ,Dell 2005 F Desktops
  • DivBy0DivBy0 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think they did recently change it to 100 questions. I'm not sure when that happened but I've been reading the forums here for about 2 weeks and seem to remember a message from Webmaster announcing that the A+ exam info page has been changed to reflect the new 100 question exam.

And my next one will be Network+. I think A+ and Network+ are a great base to build on.
  • joebloodjoeblood Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! And good luck in the OS test too.

When you finish your test, is the result instantaneous?
  • jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    That becomes the longest few minutes of you tech career icon_eek.gif waiting after you hit End Exam until that screen pops up and says "Congratulations! You Passed" and then gives you your score...Awesome feeling though!

So, yes, you do know your score before you even get out of your seat.

Good Luck! :D
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • yamahafireflyyamahafirefly Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    great new and congrats! i'm trying to go about getting my A+ certification, but I don't know whether i should take a class or just use test guides and the All In One book I have. ANy suggestions? Any tips?
  • joebloodjoeblood Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So far (I started from scratch about 2 months ago) I've been working from the 'For Dummies' book by Ron Gilster, from practice tests here and elsewhere, and I'm gonna get the Mike Meyers book and CBT nuggets videos too. I've been getting closer, slowly, but holy crap I'm still bombing out on the more in-depth questions in which you have to be familiar with the characteristics, speeds and features of CPUs and stuff.

This place is a goldmine.
  • yamahafireflyyamahafirefly Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets are fabulous! My mentor used those in some classes he taught and he burnt some for me on a DVD. They really help. They go at a good pace and they tell you great stuff. I watched a couple of those while i was studying for CISSP. Yeah.. talk about intimidating certifications! icon_confused.gif