Options

strange problem with Frame-Relay-Switch (FRS) configuration....no idea that to do

Birmingham GuyBirmingham Guy Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi guys,
I'm trying to configure FRS switch, for frame-relay practice in GNS3 but I'm getting very strange problem, which I have not seen in anywhere or youtube tutorials. When I route the DLCI's I get this message "Can't use same dlci on overlapping circuits" . Could you please have a look on attached images and let me know that what I'm doing wrong. Please.

Comments

• Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Why don't you just use the GNS3 FR device?

Is there some preexisting configuration on that switch? Basically, what the error message is saying is that you are trying to switch the same incoming dlci out two outgoing dlcis, or something along those lines. It deosn't really make sense that you would get that error on an empty switch.

I replicated it here:
    R1(config-if)#frame-relay route 102 interface s1/1 201
    R1(config-if)#frame-relay route 102 interface s1/2 201
    Can't use same dlci on overlapping circuits
    R1(config-if)#frame-relay route 102 interface s1/2 302
    Can't use same dlci on overlapping circuits

You see two separate issues in that code. First, I'm trying to switch the same incoming dlci out two outgoing interfaces using the same dlci. I then try to change the outgoing dlci numer but the problem persists because I've already defined where to switch incoming 102.

My guess is that you've already configured something on the switch and that it is in conflict with what you are trying to do now.

Disclaimer: I don't know frame relay very well.