Passed the 101 today

PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the exam this morning. Not quite as ready as I should have been, but as I start my new job next week I had to take it today or run the risk of forgetting everything over the next few weeks.

So I scraped through with a 560 on the test, which was a relief as during the test I had that horrible feeling that I had been revising the wrong command switches for the last two weeks!

Will have to take a little break before the 102 and not rush the studying so much this time!

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats passing!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on next part
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations and good luck for the 102 :)
  • showtime10showtime10 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pengu,

How did you approach the fill-in-the blank questions? I believe I was penalized for entering too many of the correct options, but the study material I had, led me astray in that aspect. For example, I would enter /usr/bin/hexdump,/usr/bin/od,hexdump,od. If they're asking for the command, I can enter "hexdump" or "od"....or "/usr/bin/hexdump" and so on. I'm just trying to make sure I get the wording correct. Also, did capitalization matter or no? Thanks for your response in advance.
  • PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    showtime10 wrote: »
    Pengu,

How did you approach the fill-in-the blank questions? I believe I was penalized for entering too many of the correct options, but the study material I had, led me astray in that aspect. For example, I would enter /usr/bin/hexdump,/usr/bin/od,hexdump,od. If they're asking for the command, I can enter "hexdump" or "od"....or "/usr/bin/hexdump" and so on. I'm just trying to make sure I get the wording correct. Also, did capitalization matter or no? Thanks for your response in advance.

The fill in the blank questions specifically asked for the full path or more often they didn't.

No idea if I got them righ tto be honest, I tried to recall the questions when I got home but just could not remember! head was scrambled!
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Great feeling seeing the pased screen afterwards :)
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • pitstoppitstop Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    showtime10 wrote: »
    Pengu,

/usr/bin/hexdump
    /usr/bin/od
    hexdump
    od

Those look like some of the answers on test **** I've seen floating around and a bunch of them are wrong or lead people astray (mostly the fill in the blank ones).

Are all valid answers for displaying a file in octal but I'm pretty sure my test asked me "enter the correct command without any additional options or flags". In that case it would be only: 'od' or '/usr/bin/od' as hexdump would need 'hexdump -o'

And I'm fairly sure the beginning of the test said "enter only one correct answer". I honestly have no clue how their system would handle more than one correct answer.
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
  • TechnologistTechnologist Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Pengu!.

I just booked the 101 exam too. Can you tell me what were your primary study materials?.

Cheers.
  • PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Linux Academy which suits the way I do things as I like a bit of structure.

It is important to work through the labs and also spend time really getting to know all the commands and switches - the only way of really doing this is to really use the commands. I did not do anywhere near enough of this but will for the 102!
  • mokaibamokaiba Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    eh on your mention of test ****.

For more than one correct answer, most exams want you to choose the more efficient and less time consuming option.

If a, b, and c all did the same thing but a is shorter than the rest then the exam would most likely want a instead of b or c.