WGU has a new degree: MS, Management and Leadership

colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
WGU just rolled out a new Master's degree, MS Management and Leadership... I am contemplating going after this one, but I am not sure whether it will be beneficial for me in the long run (I already have the MSISA.) Cost isn't a really big issue, since most of the cost (I think) can be covered by what's left in my GI Bill, especially if I can finish in 2 terms. What is your opinion on the value of 2 Master's degrees, in different fields, especially with one being fairly accelerated (I took two years for the MSISA). I don't want to cast a shadow on the integrity of either degree but looking forward, the M&L degree would probably serve me better for my career aspirations. So yay or nay? Discuss amongst yourselves...
Working on: staying alive and staying employed

Comments

• darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm going to go after adopting that or the MBA.

As for a second masters degree, it never hurts to show the aptitude, drive and ability to tackle these. IMO a candidate with multiple degree's, regardless of where it's from, is a potential diamond in the rough.
    :twisted:
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks darkerz... I just don't want to shoot myself in the foot by overdoing it.
    I am officially a student again... I'll try to update here as I can with how it goes.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    @colemic....Good Luck!!. Keep us updated. I have to complete the G2700 & Capstone to finish the MSISA.
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    My wife is actually planning on enrolling in this same program... probably in July...

Would you mind sending me a PM with your thoughts after you've had a little time to check out the program? Good luck!!
    Dustin Leefers
    Sure, but if I don't, you'll probably need to remind me, LOL
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It looks to be the mba without the finance courses...I'll leave it like that.
    Actually it's not, there is only one course that is shared with the MBA program.