Options

I'm going to miss you Windows 7 Exams forum....

brynjbrynj Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gifBecause I just finished my MCSA with the 70-685 icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

A 766 which I'm a little surprised at. I could swear I did better than the score indicates, but I'm not complaining at this point. I am just so glad to be done with Windows 7 and the 685 specifically. Well, time to move on to the 70-642. Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze it out before Second Shot is up.

Comments

• Options
    MrJimbo19MrJimbo19 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I am currently studying for this exam as well. Anything stand out to you as a tricky situation or something to keep an eye out for (without violating the NDA of course). Good luck on the 70-642, I hope to join you over in the server forums shortly!
  • Options
    Thanks!
    Anything stand out to you as a tricky situation or something to keep an eye out for (without violating the NDA of course).

That's what I hated most about this test. I read two separate books and tore Technet a new one and still saw new stuff on the test that I didn't anywhere else. This is just my opinion, but compared to the 70-680 and 70-640 (which I took a few weeks ago) this test seems to rely a lot more on 'gotcha' questions. You really need to parse out every little detail of some of the questions.

One thing that helped was taking some time off and getting the 70-640. There's more crossover with Active Directory and Group Policy than you would think on a test that's supposed to be about Windows 7. You definitely don't need to pass that first or anything, but knowing at least the basics of a domain, accounts in AD DS, and group policy really help.
  • Options
    MrJimbo19MrJimbo19 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    brynj wrote: »
    Thanks!

That's what I hated most about this test. I read two separate books and tore Technet a new one and still saw new stuff on the test that I didn't anywhere else. This is just my opinion, but compared to the 70-680 and 70-640 (which I took a few weeks ago) this test seems to rely a lot more on 'gotcha' questions. You really need to parse out every little detail of some of the questions.

One thing that helped was taking some time off and getting the 70-640. There's more crossover with Active Directory and Group Policy than you would think on a test that's supposed to be about Windows 7. You definitely don't need to pass that first or anything, but knowing at least the basics of a domain, accounts in AD DS, and group policy really help.

Thanks, that helps a lot actually. I have a bit of experience with domains and AD membership and troubleshooting. Readin ghte MS Press book I had the impression that there was going to be more to it then just the basics of troubleshooting the OS only. I will make sure to review the 640 material I have collected before heading in. Thank you again.
  • Options
    No problem.

Good luck on the 685!