32GB RAM(4x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD@ 7200RPM
Other stuff that isn't relevant.

FTW!
Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley

Comments

• gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    Nice man, I have an asus netbook and its great! that almost looks like an alienware
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ASUS netbooks are great!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Only 32GB of RAM?

;)
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice! I am waiting for the Asus G750-JM to come in to stock, I am also upgrading it to 32 GB of RAM for VMware, but I decided to go for a lower spec model because I don't do gaming that much so wouldn't really use the GTX 770M GPU...

I don't know if you bought it with 32 GB of RAM or if you are upgrading it but if you are then there is a handy YouTube video of the process here... you might have to take the whole back off the laptop to get it up to 32.

I am going to use 2 x Corsair CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9 to replace the stock RAM and then then replace the hard drive with 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500 GB SSD in RAID 0. I think it'll be a fast enough laptop for VMware but in my case I also have a 4 desktop setup for VMware also.

The wait is killing me too! I decided to get the Asus RoG Shuttle Backpack too! icon_cool.gif
  • mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I want to get the RoG Nomad Backpack, but I can't seem to get to the eStore. I was looking at the RAM upgrade process before I bought it, so I just decided to buy it with the extra RAM in it already(lazy).

Edit: The website is down... could be a good reason.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How much did you spend? I'm assuming you received a nice tax refund check?! icon_thumright.gif
  • Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I want to get the RoG Nomad Backpack, but I can't seem to get to the eStore. I was looking at the RAM upgrade process before I bought it, so I just decided to buy it with the extra RAM in it already(lazy).
    I could get it direct from Asus over here but they will only give you 24GB of RAM, not the full 32GB. That and it was cheaper for me to buy the RAM and put it in myself.

Those backpacks are like gold dust from what I can gather, very difficult to source (at least over here). Luckily I found a place with 1 Shuttle backpack in stock.

I will be spending $1700/£1000/€1250 on the laptop including sales tax then $360/£210/€260 on RAM from the US because it's cheaper to source it there. I already had the 2 x SSDs. Computer hardware is more expensive in Europe!

Enjoy your purchases! icon_thumright.gif
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Wow, way nice! I love the look of that laptop, and 32gb of RAM is awesome to have it pre-installed, do you have any plans for future studies that requires 32gb RAM?

I just got my ASUS back from repair for the video card, and I missed this thing, I can't believe I never owned a PC with an SSD before this laptop.
  • yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can laptops run multiple virtual machines without getting hot?
    I upgraded to 32GB of RAM because I'm starting to dive off into some virtualization. Yeah, the backpacks are extremely difficult to find. I do believe around May 30th is the next suspense date for a huge shipment (based on the pre-order dates i've seen at certain online stores). I spent $1900 on my laptop
    I could only find the nomad in foreign countries. Idk if I should ship it international, or just wait (man do I hate waiting) until they release more in the US
    YEAHHHH!!! They just got the backpacks in on Amazon. Should be getting mine sometime next week
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I upgraded to 32GB of RAM because I'm starting to dive off into some virtualization. Yeah, the backpacks are extremely difficult to find. I do believe around May 30th is the next suspense date for a huge shipment (based on the pre-order dates i've seen at certain online stores). I spent $1900 on my laptop

Just a get a 2nd Generation R610 off ebay and pop in 64 GB's of ram. a used R610 costs about $499. I have two and 32 GB's each. :)
  • gc8dc95gc8dc95 Member Posts: 206 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yzT wrote: »
    Can laptops run multiple virtual machines without getting hot?

Yea, I have 5 running right now on mine. It's fine. Just make sure there is nothing blocking airflow.