Options

Just passed. question about next step

Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just passed my network + exam today. Most confusing aspect were some of the Sims. I see that the general progression is to do the security+ next, however i have been looking at the CIW foundation and I think I could easily acquire that certification. Would That certificate add any weight to my CV? I would still pursue the Security+, but would do the CIW next.

Comments

• Options
    no!all!no!all! Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would say it depends on what path you want to take. I would guess that the Security+ is probably more recognized than CIW, but that's just my two cents..
    A+, N+, S+, CCNA:RS, CCNA:Sec

"In high society TCP is more welcome than UDP. At least it knows a proper handshake" - Ben Franklin

2019 Goals: CCNP:RS & relocate to St. Pete, FL!
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    There is really no demand for the CIW certs. Your time would be better spent working on other certs, such as Sec+, CCNA, MCSA, etc. I would suggest tailoring your next cert study to what will either enhance/support your current position, or one that enhances/supports your next job goal.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Thanks, Those are valid point.I am currently unemployed. trying to get back into the IT field after a 5 year hiatus.(pc repairs). When I was doing pc repairs, I had no certifications, everything was self taught. so right now I am basically at the stage of a Noob trying to get into the IT field.
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Go for Security+ or CCNA next.
  • Options
    Thanks. I Think i will do that. I guess a few strong certs are better than a bunch that no one values
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!!

Go after Security+ or CCNA icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63