Passed

Rocket ImpossibleRocket Impossible Member Posts: 104
Passed Security+ with an 858 this morning. I spent about 2 and a half months preparing and felt good about it going in. I have no security experience so I wanted to take my time and really get to know the material. The bizarre wording of some the questions made it more challenging.

I used CompTIA Security+ All in One, Security+ Get Certified Get Ahead, MeaureUp and Darril's practice tests for preparation. The All In One book was awful. It was very dry and made no effort to help me understand, but I had the book already so that's where I started. I had to get two 90%+ scores on the MeasureUp to get my vouchers, so it was provided to me. In general I thought it was solid but I eventually memorized the questions, so Darril's practice tests helped a lot. Darril's book was great and all his resources were really helpful. Good thing I found this forum and found out about his work or I may not have passed. This is a great forum and really appreciate all the awesome people and resources here.

Now to bang out ITIL Foundations and then on to CCENT!

Comments

• ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats,

Good wishes on ITIL and CCENT!
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • sonomabluesonomablue Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Rocket,

Congratulations!
    You can knock the ITIL Foundation out in one month, no problem.
    Good luck.