dmvtech27dmvtech27 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
doing ccna tomorrow any advice?

Comments

• forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    dmvtech27 wrote:
    Be on time.
  • nuglobenuglobe Member Posts: 190
    I was planning on taking my tomorrow as well. However, I felt I needed a little more time and moved it out a week. Best of luck.
    GenshiroGuide: My blog about things I found useful. Now with videos. :)
  • SpurSpur Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Be very familiar with these topics:

* Subnetting
    * WAN protocols
    * VLAN/STP
    * OSPF

Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • dmvtech27dmvtech27 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys, my weakness is subnetting , but i doubt that alone will let me fail.
  • wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    I would make sure you can atleast do subnetting 75% of the time and come out with a sucessfull answer to the www.subnettingquestions.com my attempt had either a portion to do with subneting or the entire question was based on problem solving with a subnetting included 40/55 questions.
    70-291 Next....
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dmvtech27 wrote:
    Pass!

Watch your time management during the exam. If you don't have the answer to a sim after 10 minutes, wrap it up and move on.

If the subnetting question web site doesn't help you, come up with a good "**** sheet" you can **** to your scratch paper before the exam. If you watch the exam demo on the CCNA Prep Center web site tonight, you can use that time tomorrow to jot down your notes.

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    When i took the exam, before I even hit enter the survey, or demo, I was writting down my **** sheet. I took about 5 minutes to write down the **** sheet, then did the survey and demo.
    70-291 Next....
  • bigga12bigga12 Member Posts: 26 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ask for 2 markers and 2 scratch sheets...After I got done dropping my notes on one sheet there was no room left for working out any problems I may have experienced during the exam....Not to mention the fact that one marker stopped writing icon_evil.gif ...Luckily I had 2..

KEEP TRACK OF THE CLOCK!!

Good Luck!!
  • cooldash87cooldash87 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ALL THE BEST DUDE !!!
    All knowledge is for good. Only the use to which you put it can be good or evil. In both cases, I am here to take care of the situation.
  • homerj742homerj742 Member Posts: 251
    I would make sure you can atleast do subnetting 75% of the time and come out with a sucessfull answer to the www.subnettingquestions.com my attempt had either a portion to do with subneting or the entire question was based on problem solving with a subnetting included 40/55 questions.

the site he mentioned rules. I'm learning how to subnet in my head. the only "flaw" for the cisco exam is that it includes subnet zero and such as valid subnets.

While on the exam, I believe you have to us the forumla (2^x - 2) for the list of valid subnets.

Great site.
  • dmvtech27dmvtech27 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    did not pass, i am not really disapointed the questions were not straight forward, i am going to try the two exam option for the exam. i got only one sim.