Options

CCNP Exam Revision... Worth Studying Now?

ulater6000ulater6000 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just finished getting my CCNA Voice and I’m thinking of diving into my CCNP Routing & Switching which I’ve been thinking about getting for some time now. I know this is going to be a substantial time investment and my concern is with getting all three exams completed before Cisco revises them again. How long have the 642-902, 642-813, and 642-832 been active now and when would you guestimate they will be updated again? How long of a heads up does Cisco give before they revise an exam?

What happens if I pass one or two of these and Cisco revises all three before I can take the third? Would I have to take all three versions of the newer exams or can I combine versions of them to obtain the CCNP?

…Just trying to figure out if I should wait for an inevitable CCNP exam revision before starting my track to get this certification or just dive right in now?

-Thanks

Comments

• Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Probably the same thing will happen like when CCNA went through the update.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ulater6000 wrote: »
    I just finished getting my CCNA Voice and I’m thinking of diving into my CCNP Routing & Switching which I’ve been thinking about getting for some time now. I know this is going to be a substantial time investment and my concern is with getting all three exams completed before Cisco revises them again. How long have the 642-902, 642-813, and 642-832 been active now and when would you guestimate they will be updated again? How long of a heads up does Cisco give before they revise an exam?

What happens if I pass one or two of these and Cisco revises all three before I can take the third? Would I have to take all three versions of the newer exams or can I combine versions of them to obtain the CCNP?

…Just trying to figure out if I should wait for an inevitable CCNP exam revision before starting my track to get this certification or just dive right in now?

-Thanks

no need to worry. You can combine the exams you have already done with the new. In my case, i started my ccnp while it was still 4 exams(bcmsn,rtc...) i only needed to take the switch and tshoot exams as i already had done the bcmsn one