CUCM on VMware

2»

Comments

• sacredboysacredboy Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Guys, I got this error after I pressed OK on the last step.

How to fix it?
    Best, sacredboy!
    It seems that something wrong was with CUCM image.
    Best, sacredboy!
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Are you using a physical disk or ISO? You can try the media check at the beginning of setup to see if the image is good.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    pitviper wrote: »
    Are you using a physical disk or ISO? You can try the media check at the beginning of setup to see if the image is good.
    It's ISO image.
    Best, sacredboy!
    I've had issues with ISOs mounted on the same data store as the VMs - you could try burning a disk (or connecting to an ISO on your workstation) if this is the case. If not, may just be a bad image.
    I have Domain Controller with DNS - 192.168.1.2
    During CUCM installation I specified DNS address - 192.168.1.2

I specified 192.168.1.9 for CUCM server with BRIDGED type of network. At the moment CUCM server successfully replies on ping from any PC, but i get this error.

6kt5w9-44e.jpg

Is it reverse lookup zone which should be configured?
    Best, sacredboy!
    Don't bother with DNS for the lab... You will need a reachable NTP server though. I don't setup DNS in production either - Best Practices state to remove all name associations and use IP addresses. It's one less thing to have to trouble shoot when stuff hits the fan!

Otherwise, yeah, add a static entry on the DNS server.
    I skipped the step with Reverse Lookup Zone but now stucked on the step with NTP. Unfortunately both host and guest machines don't have an Internet access. What can be specified as an NTP server?
    Best, sacredboy!
    you can get free NTP software for a OS based PC, or you can use a Cisco router as an NTP "master"
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    You can setup your guest's NIC to be bridged with the host's physical NIC. Then spin up GNS3 and drop a cloud and a router on the white board. Configure the cloud with your physical NIC. Connect the cloud to the router. Boot up the router and assign it's interface an IP on the same network as your host's interface. Configure NTP master on the router. Ensure your host can ping the router's interface. Use the router's IP as your NTP server in CUCM install.