Linux+ and LPIC-1 steps

basmcbasmc Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi to everyone,

Next week i'd like to take the LX0-101 exam from CompTIA. I've just registered on LPI.org and I get my LPI ID.
When I take this exam, it will ask me for send my score to LPI, but should also ask me for my LPI ID? or do I have to tell it to my test center?

I'm afraid of doing something wrong, ¿what are the steps I have to do in order to get correctly the 4 certs?

Thanks and best regards,

P.S.: Sorry for my english, i'm still llearning

Comments

• PenguPengu Member Posts: 46 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would be interested in the answer to this as well.
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    No you don't need the ID. You just need to register for the ID and consent to it being given in the exam.
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's exactly as Bryzey said. You do not need to enter your LPI ID at any point in time during or prior to taking the Comptia Linux+ exam.

The process to get your LPIC-1 certification is as follows:

1. Register at LPI. Get a LPI number.
    2. Take the CompTIA Linux+ exams. At the beginning of each test, the test engine will ask if you want your scores forwarded to LPI. Say yes.
    3. Wait a few days for the scores to hit CompTIA. You’ll get a certificate in email.
    4. Wait a few days for the scores to hit LPI. You get a certificate in email.
    5. Once you are LPIC-1, forward the scores to Novell. Wait a few days. You’ll get both Novell CLA and Novell DCTS.

(Reference: CompTIA Linux+ and LPI LPIC-1 | Greg Porter's Blog )
    You will get a little coupon with the lpic-1 certification for a free copy of Linux magazine which was pretty cool as well.
  • basmcbasmc Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for the info!!

I passed my first exam (on Thursday of the last week) with 760!!! After the exam, my test center gave me a paper with my score and some rules to register at certmetrics to get Comptia user and password and I'll be able to see all information about my exams. I have to do this process 5 business day after my exam. Anyway, I have a question, Does anyone know when will be forwarded my score to LPI? I have no news yet from LPI.

Regards,
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    basmc wrote: »
    Anyway, I have a question, Does anyone know when will be forwarded my score to LPI? I have no news yet from LPI.

I do not know how the process works in the background between CompTIA and LPI, but as far as I know in order for the exam score/result to be forwarded to LPI you will also have to pass the second exam.

Just remember to agree to forward the exam results to LPI when you eventually get to do the second part of the Linux+ exam.
    It was an automatic process after passing the 102.

I got my lpic cert in the mail 2-3 months after my linux+ came. I live in Australia though so it might be faster in USA
  • the4tressthe4tress Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are the Linux+ and LPIC the same test? If I studied for LPIC, would I be fine to take the Linux+?
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the4tress wrote: »
    Are the Linux+ and LPIC the same test? If I studied for LPIC, would I be fine to take the Linux+?

Yup, exact same.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • basmcbasmc Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now I can see my first exam score in my LPI profile. It seems everything is going right.. :D

Thanks!!
  • ComputerForensicsComputerForensics Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No you don't need the ID.