Options

Microsoft Security Essentials 98-367 Passed

citrus_sugarcitrus_sugar Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
My community college gave us 4 of the MTAs as part of our final exam. I wanted to ensure I passed so I picked up Darrill Gibson's book. I read it in about 10 days, and got an 85 on the test for my 4th MTA.

I will definitely be using his book for the Security+ now that I have the basics down. Also, the M$ "study guide" is completely off and not helpful at all.
Goals for 2014: Summer Internship, Graduate, Net+, Sec+, CCENT

Comments

• Options
    --chris----chris-- Member Posts: 1,518 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My community college gave us 4 of the MTAs as part of our final exam. I wanted to ensure I passed so I picked up Darrill Gibson's book. I read it in about 10 days, and got an 85 on the test for my 4th MTA.

I will definitely be using his book for the Security+ now that I have the basics down. Also, the M$ "study guide" is completely off and not helpful at all.

Congrats on the pass! I loved the Security Essentials study and exam. I learned a lot.

FYI, I passed with a 96 and I only used the Microsoft book..

Eye of the beholder my friend.

-scott
  • Options
    citrus_sugarcitrus_sugar Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    In my experience with the MTAs the free PDF study guide and the test objectives from Tech Net would be fine passing the test if you realize the questions in the study guide are nothing like the test.

Did you purchase a book from MS for the test or use their study guide?
    Goals for 2014: Summer Internship, Graduate, Net+, Sec+, CCENT
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ccongrats on the passing those exams!