CISA Study Material

cisspercissper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
Planning to take my CISA in Dec, 2014. Are the below Study material sufficient for CISA?

Study Material:
1) CISA Review Manual 2014
2) CISA Practice Question Database v14 Download

Do you recommend any other material?

Thanks.

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cissper,

Sorry, this section of the forum doesn't seem to get much action unfortunately.. I haven't taken the CISA yet myself but from what I've read/heard sticking with the official ISACA study materials you listed is usually the best bet for success.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Those resources were enough for me to pass on the first try... it depends in large part on your comfort and experience in the material.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • cisspercissper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks zxbane and colemic. I will be ordering these study material soon.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

I felt the review manual was very hard to read as it is pretty dry. I used it for a reference and used the AIO guide as my primary book and supplemented with the practice question database which is a must have.

Best of luck.
  • cisspercissper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    TeKniques wrote: »
    Hi,

I felt the review manual was very hard to read as it is pretty dry. I used it for a reference and used the AIO guide as my primary book and supplemented with the practice question database which is a must have.

Best of luck.

Looks like it was printed in 2011. Would it still cover 90% of the CISA material?

I do like to have a reference book.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the exam in December of 2013 and it covered just about everything. Look through the Job Practice Areas (task and knowledge statements) to compare with the text. I would definitely use it as a reference or to reinforce key concepts that the review manual leaves you with scratching your head or making you yawn.

http://www.isaca.org/certification/cisa-certified-information-systems-auditor/job-practice-areas/Pages/CISA-Job-Practice-Areas.aspx