Is cbtnuggets a good learning source for Cisco exams?

chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
If it's good, I'm considering to subscribe to it to enhance my Cisco exam icon_study.gif preparation. Anyone here find that it's useful?
Thanks in advance :>

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    absolutely. Its not good as a primary source as in you cant just watch the videos once and ace the test, but for understanding the concepts they're great. Jeremy C. and Keith B. know what theyre doing.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yes! Not only do they cover the CCNA material really well, they also have an entire series on how to use GNS3 so you shouldn't have to buy equipement.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • CJWelch89CJWelch89 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure I speak for a lot of others when I say I find them an invaluable learning asset. 100% worth it.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I like a lot cbt nuggets.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think they are a great introduction to the topics and what you need to learn. They don't go in to the fine detail, but then they are not trying to, For example watch the 3-4 nuggets on OSPF routing and you will be able to configure and do basic trouble shooting on it. to pass the exam you will want to read the chapters from the books, but you will undertstand them a get more from them

100% thumbs up from me.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    +100
    They are well worth the money. It's a great addition to traditional study methods (reading/labing). If you need to quickly get some basic knowledge on a technology, I think they are great.
  • Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The style of teaching is great, used for both ICND 1/2 and now for CCNA Security.
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Thanks guys for the all-positive input! I decide to sign up with them. :>
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I agree. they have videos that are really well put together. Some of the CCNP videos are too casual though. There are other sites like Udemy.com that have video instruction which are as effective.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I have included CBT Nuggets in the preparation process for every Cisco exam I have taken. I can definitely say that they are good. Like mentioned above, they are not enough for a primary source but are perfect as a supplement.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • chopstickschopsticks Member Posts: 389
    Now that I'm using it, I'm giving it a thumbs up too! Thanks everyone for the recommendation. :>
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    How does cbt nuggets stack up against INE.com for CCNA training videos?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Between CBT Nuggets and reading the book, you can probably pass the test. Of course you won't have any hands on experience and may forget everything, but that part is up to you.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am supporter for CBT Nuggets for Cisco certs. If you go through the series at twice, you should gain an understanding. Then follow it up with some labbing with simulators or actual hardware. Finally top it off with reviewing through a book resource or a Chris Bryant boot camp. You should be ready by then. Constant exposure helps you with comprehension.
    colemic wrote: »
    How does cbt nuggets stack up against INE.com for CCNA training videos?
    I found INE videos a little dull, but the information is there in a straight forward manner. I watched them after CBT Nuggets though, so I may have had a different impression if I watched INE first.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • wallpaper_01wallpaper_01 Member Posts: 226 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really good yeah, I love CBT nuggets, just make sure you read the books also. CBT nuggets do not go in detail that the books do. What I do is read a chapter the watch a video, keeps it all interesting, the video just enforces what you read. Can do it the other way round too :)
  • PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    Doyen wrote: »
    I found INE videos a little dull, but the information is there in a straight forward manner. I watched them after CBT Nuggets though, so I may have had a different impression if I watched INE first.

I agree, they are dry (I am looking at the CCNP Route videos now) and while CBT is a presentation, the INE is like being in a classroom. A boring classroom, but a very informative one. I think they are much more detailed than the CBT Nuggets.

I am using CBT as my intro to each subject followed by INE to fill in the blanks and round out the knowledge and then reading the book to really drive the topics home. Of course there's lab time in there as well, but that's another subject.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm going to have to agree with Doyen, here. I've looked at INE for some of my Cisco-related studies, and the material is very well-developed by pretty dry. The same is true for Pluralsight (formerly Trainsignal), in that the videos tend to be more in-depth and detailed than CBT Nuggets, but the presentation is usually pretty tepid. CBT Nuggets videos tend to give a great overview and pair well with an exam or "mastering" type book, and the trainers are usually subject matter experts. In the case of the Microsoft paths, both James Conrad and Don Jones are closely involved with MS Learning, and on the Cisco side of things the same is true for Jeremy Cioara and Cisco Press/Learning; in some cases, the CBT Nuggets trainers are the ones who write the exam-prep books for the test(s) you might be studying for.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    CBTNuggets is the best when it comes to cisco certs. My cisco certs are the courtesy of CBT. I can vouch for that.
    chopsticks wrote: »
    If it's good, I'm considering to subscribe to it to enhance my Cisco exam icon_study.gif preparation. Anyone here find that it's useful?
    Thanks in advance :>
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have watched a couple of CCENT CBT nuggets videos by Jeremy coincidentally I was watching on of the CCIE:R and S videos last night also presented by Jeremy I wasn't watching them for studying purposes but just to get the general idea to see what it is all about and I founded it to be very interesting and very informative. What I like about Jeremy's recordings is that he knows how to make learning interesting and points out all the features about the equipment that he founds to be interesting, which creates a fun and interesting atmosphere for learning and makes it exciting to learn the equipment yourself. One thing that revs up my intellectual abilities is when the person who is teaching grabs my attention with full interest.
    I used CBT nuggets videos for all the exams I have taken thus far.
  • devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Jeremy C. is great at breaking complex topics down so that they are easy to understand. I've never had him explain something and just NOT get it, which is a very rare quality in a teacher. I can count on one hand the number of teachers/instructors/professors in my life that I have had that can do that.

On the flip side, he sometimes get side-tracked quite easily, but it's usually network related. Usually.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    On the flip side, he sometimes get side-tracked quite easily, but it's usually network related. Usually.

almost all of the CBT nuggets instructors do, well, all the ones I have watched. J.Conrad is worse, when I was his MCSA:70-410 series he was literally advertising his website, 'Hisearthmyworld'. I think its part of their teaching style especially at beginning of the video, they use scenarios or real life experiences to compare what to what they will be teaching about just to try and aid in understanding.