**** sheet

-prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

Many CCNA candidates talk about writing out a "**** sheet" before taking the exam during the survey and demo time.

As there is a lot of information to commit to memory, can someone point me in the right direction as to what information they found useful to jot down?

Cheers,
Prophet

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I have one at home that my father in law gave me... He used to teach a Cisco class and currently is a senior network engineer with tons of certs so I knw he knows his stuff.

Anyway, I don't know if this is the same "**** sheet" but when he was going over subnets/subnet masks with me he started by giving me his **** sheet and taught me how to read it. He said that if you can remember how to re-create this sheet you can draw it on the scrap paper or pad they give you.

Unfortunately for me I've not sat down with him to go over that stuff since December.... I've been studying other certs. I know the **** sheet he made for me is at home, sow hen I get off of work today I will find it and see if I can reproduce it on the forum.

Really all the sheet is, is a quick way of calculating subnets ect.... It works really well and really (even though I don't remember how it looks now) should be quite easy to re-create from memory.

I know it sounds bad that I don't remember the "**** sheet" but it has been 6 months since I looked at it. I am going to be working on my CCNA here shortly and once I really start studying it these things will stick with me more.
  • therainesmantherainesman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    -prophet- wrote:
    Hello everyone,

Many CCNA candidates talk about writing out a "**** sheet" before taking the exam during the survey and demo time.

As there is a lot of information to commit to memory, can someone point me in the right direction as to what information they found useful to jot down?

Cheers,
    Prophet

For what it is worth, I tried writing down a few things when I took my exam, but I did not use any of it. I did end up writing down multiples of 8 to make some of the subnetting quicker for me. I finished with 6 seconds left, so I don't think I would have finished in time if it had not been for that.
  • wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    What I did for my attempt,

Wrote down the binary chart, then above each, added them together, so you could get the quick block size of each subet. example

192 224 240
    128 64 32 16 .... for, 240-256=16 block size in a subnet. Then you can work all your math from there. 16-1 = your broadcast, -2 = your number of host, and so on.

Also, I did the multiples of 16, and had 2 to 12th power map'd out(JUST INCASE). I used my sheet on, eh I would say 3 questions out of 55. If your the type who stays calm, you may not even look at your sheet. If you even think you might forget how to add, it will make all the difference.

(Next time, im gonna try to jot down a few commands to remember, incase I freze up)
    70-291 Next....
  • moss12moss12 Banned Posts: 220 ■■□□□□□□□□
    prophet who is that sexy lady on u r avatar ? I need some beer please icon_wink.gif
  • -prophet--prophet- Member Posts: 62 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the advice! If we have the time available to write something out during the test, why not use it! Megadeth4168, I look forward to seeing the info your father-in-law gave you!
    moss12 wrote:
    prophet who is that sexy lady on u r avatar ? I need some beer please icon_wink.gif

Hey moss12, I'm an NZer living and suffering (kidding) here in Deutschland. Well, in regard to the avatar, let's just say these foreign countries have their benefits...

In regard to your beer comment, I'm sure Germans are alcoholics second only, of cause, to the British ;) This young fraulein in my avatar could infact drink most men under the table.

Cheers,
    Prophet
  • PawNtheSandmanPawNtheSandman Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any update on this?
    Currently Studying: CCNA