Taking exam tomorrow

cjrudycjrudy Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Taking the Server 2012 R2 exam tomorrow. Any last minute advice.

I have been preparing for months, Pluralsight videos, Mastering 2012 R2 book, Technet Library, virtual labs and my own lab environment.

Hope it all was enoughicon_thumright.gif

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard. My only recommendation is to relax and don't try to cram crap at the last second. Best of luck!
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • cjrudycjrudy Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would say take this day to relax and calm the nerves. At this point you either know enough to pass or you don't and you will know that tomorrow. Good luck.
  • sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck for the exam
    Does anyone one know the approximate number of questions and the time allowed ?
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    cjrudy wrote: »
    Does anyone one know the approximate number of questions and the time allowed ?

Usually around 50-60 and 2 hours 30 minutes time.
    Hmmm.......2 1/2 to 3 minutes per question........
  • atari37atari37 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That time is not all for the exam. You have to complete a short survey and some other questions that don't count towards the exam. If you know your stuff, the time will seem like a lot but if you don't know the material well, then 2 hours starts feeling like 30 minutes. Pay attention to the time as you progress through the exam and make sure to mark any question you might want to review later.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You had a good preparation for the exam so have no further advise than the above mentioned just answer those question right and pass, all the best!!!

Which of the exam are you taking?
    Well I did not pass, scored a 588 and I'm a bit shocked.

There was much more Powershell than I anticipated and IPV6 subnettting which I did not know. Other than that I though I knew the parts on group policy, hyper-v, print management, storage, etc.

I have the free retake before the end of the month, not sure what to review.
  • J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Obviously study powershell and IPv6

Don't skimp on the topics you "already know" If you do you'll find the next time you take the test you might forget or blank on something.

Try and remember the questions that stumped you, if you didn't know the answer almost right away, study that topic more.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
    IPV6 subnettting?? Are you sure about that?

Don't feel discouraged. Try to remember as much as you can about your experience and study some more. As mentioned above, don't skip the stuff you did well on. You might forget a lot of them by the time you retake the exam.
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not to worry, many of us failed our first shot well at least now have better idea on where you need to work on to improve, you were not far off you will come right next time. Plus the second shot is free.

Good luck on that second attempt!
  • FullTilt151FullTilt151 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I did not pass, scored a 588 and I'm a bit shocked.

There was much more Powershell than I anticipated and IPV6 subnettting which I did not know. Other than that I though I knew the parts on group policy, hyper-v, print management, storage, etc.

I have the free retake before the end of the month, not sure what to review.

Truth. I failed the 1st time, studied my weakest areas, failed the retake because I focused too much on those areas and didn't go back over the others.
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed the 410 once and the 413 once.
    I definitely hope to review everything with a focus on a few specific areas. The second shot retake needs to be completed by the end of May. Hopefully I will not forget to much in the next two weeks
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I definitely hope to review everything with a focus on a few specific areas. The second shot retake needs to be completed by the end of May. Hopefully I will not forget to much in the next two weeks
    If you haven't already booked the 2nd shot already then do so, I'd imagine a lot of testing centres may be busy with people using the voucher before it expires in a couple of weeks (I've booked mine).

Good luck.
    Have my second shot scheduled for May 29, hopefully second times a charm.
    I passed the 70-410 today on my second attempt with a 725 :D

Now on to the 70-411
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
    I passed the 70-410 today on my second attempt with a 725 :D

Now on to the 70-411

Good job. Feels good, doesn't it?