Options

Back to CCNP Studies

ishgotbikeishgotbike Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone,

Been awhile. Hope everyone is good. Started studying again after a couple of years of BSing and Life stuff taking my time. But wondering if anything has really changed, or if study guides have been updated. After lurking around here for a week. Im starting with the switch as i work in a switched environment. The recommendations I've see are these:

Cisco CCNP Switch Simplified book
Cisco OCG
Cisco FLG.

Ive also seen some Rec's for the How to master series. Any thoughts? Am I now bordering on too much info?

I have also been listening to some packet pushers podcasts and they are great, wondering if theres any other resources I can use.

thanks for reading.
Ish
To improve is to change; to perfect is to change often.

CCNP: Switch [x ] Route [ ] T-Shoot [ ]

Comments

• Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    My recommendation after having read Switch Simplified and Switch OCG is to go with the OCG because it's an easier read. People like to say that the Simplified series is more detailed, and maybe it is, but that is largely irrelevant in my opinion. Another answer is that it doesn't matter, because it really doesn't. A much bigger factor than what book you get is how you study and what kind of techniques you use to make sure the material sticks.

PS.
    Another great resource is the 3560 configuration guide.
  • Options
    ishgotbikeishgotbike Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, Ill definite consider my study time and how its used. I just wonder because there are so many books out there. And everyone uses different books.

I definitely will be watching some CBT Nuggets as well.

thanks again.
    Ish
    To improve is to change; to perfect is to change often.

CCNP: Switch [x ] Route [ ] T-Shoot [ ]
  • Options
    dmcneil330dmcneil330 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That list is actually very good. The Switch Simplified book will give you absolute overkill of information. I suggest reading the OCG FLG and then SWITCH Simplified.

The switch simplified book has the added benefit of including practice labs in the back.

Good luck!
    CCNP: SWITCH[X] ROUTE[] TSHOOT[]