Options

Taking A+ Hardware & OS Exams

geneva67geneva67 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□

hi everyone i need some advice i need to take my a+ hardware and software exams soon as i've been putting them off because i think i'm gonna fail them . i know my stuff coz i did both the instructor lead course and the mentored learning as well. i was assessed last week by my tutor to take a a mock exam before i take the real exam but i flopped the assessment and was gutted becuase i knew my stuff but my brain just froze on me . can you guys give me some advice and how to not flop on ur exams and some revisions techniques please. ur advice will be much appreciated. thank you

GENES. icon_lol.gifbowing.gif

Comments

• Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    . . . . .
    witty comment
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    geneva67 wrote:

hi everyone i need some advice i need to take my a+ hardware and software exams soon as i've been putting them off because i think i'm gonna fail them . i know my stuff coz i did both the instructor lead course and the mentored learning as well. i was assessed last week by my tutor to take a a mock exam before i take the real exam but i flopped the assessment and was gutted becuase i knew my stuff but my brain just froze on me . can you guys give me some advice and how to not flop on ur exams and some revisions techniques please. ur advice will be much appreciated. thank you

GENES. icon_lol.gifbowing.gif

We have a lot of members here who's first language is not English, but I'm not certain what you need? icon_confused.gif

Are you saying that you have taken a class to learn about A+ material? Did you also have a private instructor for this class? Was this through a University? Or something on-line?

What sort of 'assessment' was given before your exam? Was this something from your school? Or are you speaking about the practice exams on-line such as here?

Generally, when one prepares for a certification exam obtain a copy of the objectives for the exam from the vendor site...in this case www.comptia.org

Get to know the objectives inside and out. If you desire to purchase a book, the best I can recommend is Mike Meyer's AIO book as well as the Sybex book (though I haven't used their A+ book, many have said it is very good. I've been pleased with other Sybex books and therefore recommend their A+).

How much experience do you have working with computers? In what capacity have you worked with computers? (board swapper, build technician, upgrades, software (OS such as Windows, Linux, Apple, etc..)?

If this was a bootcamp class that you took, what sort of policy do they have regarding you taking your exams for A+?

Sorry, I just don't understand what you are saying.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?