exercise with ip phones and Qos in MPLS/VPN

pepsodentpepsodent Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hy guys,

I need to find a solution for this exercise.

1. You are the CSE and you are meeting with a customer that has a technical problem. Your customer has a central site with Call-manager, IP phones and 4 remote sites.
2. Each site connects to an MPLS/VPN via frame-relay between PE and CE. At the remote sites there are also IP phones. Each site has a 2M pipe towards the MPLS/VPN cloud. Every site (CE) has QOS configured.

Problem:
- The customer complains about intermittent bad voice quality
- Help solve the customer’s problem.

Comments

• Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm curious what is this "exercise" for school or work? Or is this an actual new customer that you were given and you need to actually find a solution to there problem.
  • pepsodentpepsodent Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it's for university....
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Why don't you give us your solution and what parts you aren't sure about and we can help point you in the right direction. No one is going to do your work for you.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    if i knew the solution maybe I don't write post,anyway it's a general problem and maybe the problems are many.
    The problem can stay in MPLS/VPN or in frame-relay networks I don't known very well the network with the MPLS impementation.
    My solution is to check The QOS if is correct configured and I also differentiate the traffic with DSCP on the packet and apply a WRED. I think this is the way that I need to follow but I'm not sure.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sounds like you are heading int he right direction.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    thanks but I need to be sure!!this is the problem!!icon_cry.gif