Eligibility without payment first...

BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
So I purchased the eligibility voucher, paid the $100, filled out the forms, got a reply for my supervisor to fill out a verification form, submitted that, then I received a reply stating that my eligibility had been verified and requesting payment receipt for the eligibility form in order to receive my voucher number.

So apparently they will go through the entire eligibility process without verifying that you have payed. While I did pay first, this might be helpful for someone who's not sure if they can be verified and doesn't want to spend the money up front.

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would bet that your case is the exception to the rule... they exist to make a buck (or a hundred) and from everyone else I have seen go through the process, you gotta pay to play. It's definitely worth a shot for someone trying to take the exam, but I wouldn't count on that being the norm.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    As I read what you have written, you initially paid the $100 application fee before going through the approval process, and you must pay the $500 before you can get the exam voucher number to sign up for the CEH exam itself. Where did you get something before you paid for it?
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @JD I thought the same thing as well initially - my interpretation was that he thinks that since they asked for the payment at the end of the process, they were unaware that he had already paid the fee, and that others could simply not pay the fee prior to getting a yay or nay decision. That conflicts directly with the whole point of the fee... which is why I think it was the exception.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    @JD I thought the same thing as well initially - my interpretation was that he thinks that since they asked for the payment at the end of the process, they were unaware that he had already paid the fee, and that others could simply not pay the fee prior to getting a yay or nay decision. That conflicts directly with the whole point of the fee... which is why I think it was the exception.

^That's what happened. It probably was the exception.

@JD. I did pay, because I knew it should be first; however after the fact they requested my eligibility voucher receipt, as if they never received it. They did this in the same email telling me that it was approved, but stated that I still needed to pay the fee. Lucky me I keep receipts and emails.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm guessing there was more than one office worker involved in your transaction and the second worker didn't know what the first had done. Also a possibility is that the approval you received was a form letter that always included a request for payment regardless if the payment had already been received or not. That would certianly cause a lot of confusion and calls to the ECC if so.

I would say this is a good warning for people to keep track of what fees they have paid to the ECC in case they are accidentally or erroneously asked to pay again.

I would also like to hear from anyone who successfully received approval to take a ECC exam without first paying the application fee. Maybe it can be done, but I'm sure you won't be able to get the voucher code until you pay the application fee.