What is Call logging system???

Birmingham GuyBirmingham Guy Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi guys,
today I got a call for some job, which was IT service desk analyst. They needed some person with years experience with Call-logging. I don't know what it Call-Logging. Could somebody tell me that what is call-logging-system. is this some sort of software? if yes, then what is the name/names of the software for call-logging? and how dies it work? is it hard to learn?

Comments

• ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    It isn't difficult to learn, but you will have had to work with it to really understand it, you can probably find some videos on youtube regarding certain programs. The only one I'm familiar with is called Call Copy, but I don't work with it at all.
  • LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    Do you mean a product like Cisco Historical Reporting?
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417
    I don't think he has any idea what he is asking about, which is why I didn't bother with a detailed response.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Well, first step would be figuring ou what exactly they mean. Some places refer to help desk tracking applications like Remedy, SpiceWorks, Track-It, etc. as call loggers. Others mean actual telephone call logging systems. If they are talking about the latter, there's a myriad of products, too many to mention here, ranging from simple glorified log viewers to powerful solutions that do analytics and even allow voice recording, speech-to-text, and other fancy stuff.

This area is one of those things that you better REALLY like before you even try it.
    OP, I responded to your other thread as well in the CCNP forum which appears to be regarding a job interview, and I am wondering why you don't just post a single thread in the proper section for Jobs / Degrees? Just put the job description / responsibilities in there, whatever pertinent experience you have as well, and let people assist from there?

If you don't already know these systems, you won't learn them enough in a few days to pass a technical interview on them, and if you lie / lead the interviewer on to believe you possess the skills and he weeds you out you will be in extremely bad shape as a candidate.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    ^ True. I am also wondering if the OP is asking just for general knowledge or to try to come up with something during the interview. Like I said, make sure you learn something that interests you and will make you grow as an It professional, not just because a potential position requires it.
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hi guys,
    today I got a call for some job, which was IT service desk analyst. They needed some person with years experience with Call-logging. I don't know what it Call-Logging. Could somebody tell me that what is call-logging-system. is this some sort of software? if yes, then what is the name/names of the software for call-logging? and how dies it work? is it hard to learn?

My best guess, like some of the above posters, is they are referring to a ticketing system. They have so many different names.. but at one of my help desk roles they called it call logging. My current company calls them work orders, my previous called them incidents.. ect ect