Options

CCNP Security / Source Fire Updates?

chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
With source fire now fully a product of cisco and word has it they will be implementing sourcefire products to the ASA and IPS line, do you guys think they will change the tests soon ? Source fire created snort IPS, and they have their own firewalls and security products that will be meshed into the ASA.

Im giving up on the CCNP Security track, they updated it within the first year of the CCNP Security was released and everyones VPN and ASA books were outdated. Then they just changed it again with an all new set of exams. Now they have no choice but to have students learn the upcoming sourcefire products. I see another update soon, check cisco live this week for more information.

This blows, im gunning for CCIE Data Center now.

Sourcefire | Network Security Solutions

What are you thoughts?
Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX

Comments

• Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'd be pretty annoyed... But wasn't CCNP Security only recently revised? Surely you have at least another year to get it done
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    xnx wrote: »
    I'd be pretty annoyed... But wasn't CCNP Security only recently revised? Surely you have at least another year to get it done

How can you get the CCNP Security done if Cisco is taking their slow a$$ time releasing the new NP Sec track books? I'm stuck! I have Firewall and VPN done and can't continue to finish the NP Sec track because there are new test, but NO new study material for them. And quite frankly I don't want to take my chances on taking exams, without new study material. I don't like to donate money to Cisco...I think they have enough!!!

It's VERY ANNOYING!!!!

Great Job Cisco...thanks for sticking it to us! $@&@*#%$%!
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...