SECURITY+ 301 Transcender Test Prep Question

malinomsmalinoms Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,
I was curious if anyone had first-hand experience with using Transcender for Security + 301 as test prep aide. I'm in the military, and the class I'm enrolled in puts a lot of emphasis on using Transcender (we're required to take two, 100-question tests/per day). I'm doing quite well on these tests (ranging 94%-100% scores), but I don't want to build up false hope and bank on passing strictly knowing what Transcender asks me.

My main question is: Are the questions in Transcender similarly worded and arranged like the CompTIA 301 Security + cert?

I'm re-certifying in Security+. I have the 201 cert, but it's well passed its expiration date.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark

Comments

• jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used it a while back for to prepare for a CompTIA exam. I can't recall how closely it mirrored the test's questions, but it is a good and free resource (you being military).
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • malinomsmalinoms Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok, well I'll keep doing that then. It's been ages since I had to certify, and the last time I certified they sent me to a four-day "bootcamp" where we prepped for the test, which paid off. I take the exam next Thursday, and would prefer to pass the first time so I don't have to re-test, and waste $.

Thanks for the reply, jvrlopez.

Mark
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You're welcome. Good luck on your test!

I also used Transcender a little for my CISSP (I mean a few questions). Even if it doesn't mirror the format of the test's questions, it's still a good resource to test knowledge and allow you to learn from your mistakes.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll send you a private message. The link I'll send you for Military training will be all that you'll need.

Edit, you'll need to enable the ability to receive Private Messages in your General Settings on the site.
    malinoms wrote: »
    Hello All,
    I was curious if anyone had first-hand experience with using Transcender for Security + 301 as test prep aide. I'm in the military, and the class I'm enrolled in puts a lot of emphasis on using Transcender (we're required to take two, 100-question tests/per day). I'm doing quite well on these tests (ranging 94%-100% scores), but I don't want to build up false hope and bank on passing strictly knowing what Transcender asks me.

My main question is: Are the questions in Transcender similarly worded and arranged like the CompTIA 301 Security + cert?

I'm re-certifying in Security+. I have the 201 cert, but it's well passed its expiration date.

Thanks in advance!

-Mark
    I changed my settings, thank you.

Mark
    I'll send you a private message. The link I'll send you for Military training will be all that you'll need.

Edit, you'll need to enable the ability to receive Private Messages in your General Settings on the site.
  • TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think you need to set it to receive messages from all members:

malinoms has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
    I changed my settings, thank you.

Mark
    I think you need to set it to receive messages from all members:

malinoms has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, The Chameleon. I came down with a some sort of bug, but I took the test today and passed with an 847.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Mark
    Oh, and to reply to my own original question I posed, I would recommend using Darril Gibson's website (I paid $20 for 30 days of access) and used an app on my phone that I paid $7.99 for as opposed to going the Transcender route. While Transcender did help to reenforce concepts, I found Darril's study material to be way more helpful and structured very similarly to what was on the exam.

The only advice I could give to anyone going to take the exam is to take a deep breath because the interactive portion of the test was much different than I thought it would be. With that being said, it's possible to study for a week or two using Darril's study material and successfully pass the SYO-301 Sec+ exam.

I hope this post is semi-useful.

Mark
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance!

-Mark