New CCNP

dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed TSHOOT today. 945/1000 icon_cheers.gif

I am now a CCNP.

The exam was very fun. It felt like I was at work, but every ticket was a softball. Why can't things in production environments break like they do in the exam? LOL

Thanks to everyone here for taking the time to provide great feedback and resources.

CCNP:S might be next, but I'm not sure. I've read there aren't study materials for those exams yet? Maybe CCNP:DC? I work with UCS and Nexus a lot, but I also work with ASA's, ISE, IPS a lot. Tough call.

Edit:
I'm going to take the CCDA and ARCH exam for the CCDP. Then I'll figure out what I'll do next. :D

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Any tips?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    great job. I am on my way too. Can you say what study materials you used ??
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    great job. I am on my way too. Can you say what study materials you used ??

I read the FLG for TSHOOT.
    I built the topology in GNS3, which you can find here.
    And I used the TSHOOT ExSim from Boson.
    Congrats man! Any tips?

Thanks!

It's a really easy exam if you have a good handle on the content from ROUTE and SWITCH. Also, build the topology. It's easier to troubleshoot a network you're familiar with.

Believe in yourself. After you've done a lot of studying and labing, it's easy to feel the weight of all of the knowledge you don't have and forget all of the knowledge you've acquired.

Don't be afraid to fail. It's gonna happen sometimes. It happened to me when I took SWITCH.
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did you build the full topology including frame relay? I've built mines up to the DHCP server at the moment, obviously I'm really far ahead lol
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
    xnx wrote: »
    Did you build the full topology including frame relay? I've built mines up to the DHCP server at the moment, obviously I'm really far ahead lol

I built the full topology in GNS3. Of course, I had to use switch modules in routers and augment how some things worked, but it served the purpose. As far as the frame relay portion, I built that in a back to back method. I didn't use a FR switch or anything.
  • xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dirtyharry wrote: »
    I built the full topology in GNS3. Of course, I had to use switch modules in routers and augment how some things worked, but it served the purpose. As far as the frame relay portion, I built that in a back to back method. I didn't use a FR switch or anything.

Did you actually build or use the pre-built one off GNS3 Vault which also has a few example trouble tickets??

Mines is a physical build and I also have the pre-built topology in GNS3, you really can't match the switch aspect in GNS3 though
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
    xnx wrote: »
    Did you actually build or use the pre-built one off GNS3 Vault which also has a few example trouble tickets??

Mines is a physical build and I also have the pre-built topology in GNS3, you really can't match the switch aspect in GNS3 though

I built it myself, because I was getting errors when trying to use the GNS3 vault pre-built one.
  • creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How did you find the Boson TSHOOT? I have it as well, and I've had a blast with it, but tbh, I've taken more time than the allotted time on all three tests. How would you say it rates in difficulty to the real thing?

Anyway, congrats and well done! :)
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Well done, bravo!!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That is quite the achievement! Congratulations!
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.