Options

CCNA Security

vharjanivharjani Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Just got a quick question. I am going to get my CCNA at the end of this year. I think i might go the security route so should i take the CCNA Security exam which consists of the IINS test or are there other tests that I should be taking?

Comments

• Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is your end goal going the security track? It is a job thing or a aspiration?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    vharjanivharjani Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's both. I want a great job. and security is just fun to learn.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is the main entry level cert. There is a lot of cool concepts to learn, but for CCNA Security level, don't expect much command line. It's mostly CCP. If you're interested in security specific mostly to Cisco (Although there's a lot of general policy), do it. If you want something more general, I would start with the Security+.
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    My brother is a security head. I'd say do the CCNA then get a networking job first as priority before hopping into security. Wouldn't recommend you do CCNA then jump to CCNA Security right away.
    B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+