Question for IT contractors

Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
For all the IT contractors, do you have a hard time getting financed for a car or home loan? just curious as to what things are like in relation to that aspect of contracting.

Comments

• 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im a contractor and i live in va but i never had to take any loans but i have a friend who was a contract and took a loan for a car and he had no problem at all.
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    As long as your credit score is decent and your debt to income ratio is OK you should be good. Banks don't know if your a contract worker for 6 months at a time or a tenured careerest.
  • Techguru365Techguru365 Member Posts: 131 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ok, well that's good to hear. It's nice being a IT guy up in NOVA huh? seems like thats where the bulk of the jobs are
    da_vato wrote: »
    As long as your credit score is decent and your debt to income ratio is OK you should be good. Banks don't know if your a contract worker for 6 months at a time or a tenured careerest.
    ok, cool. I feel more reassured hearing that, cuz at the rate things are going, seems like its mostly contract IT jobs being floated around.
    well i work in MD but live in va..as you can tell from my username i live in 22306
    i saw that. do you find that most of the jobs up there require a secret clearance?
    not really but now a days companies here arent willing to pay for you to get SC!!!
    yea, i hear you. Its a sad state of affairs, companies realize that there are more workers than jobs and they are using that knowledge to milk the h*ll out workers.
    i cant wait till i finally get my bs and get the hell out of tier 1
    goodluck on both fronts. I am trying to get back into IT after a hiatus, but seems like you got to know someone in order to have your resume looked at. Cant even get a tier 1 interview lol
    send me your resume and ill see if the company i work for has an opening..i got couple friends jobs and yes i knew someone in the inside but my resume got me the job tho